Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ok... keep it clean and pleasant in this thread!! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup.

Took the pic with my phone :)

I couldnt rotate it for some reason (paint or anything would not load up) so just tilt your head about 90 degrees. Audioguru put your monitor sideways :D

Attachments

• 12-16-07_1624.jpg
    12-16-07_1624.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 240
Hey Krumlink,
You have snow.
I might have a little more.
It will be gone in a few days.

Doesn't the snow normally cover the ground for three months of the year where you live?

It isn't even officially winter yet.
This moist air is from the Gulf O Mexico, very far away. It collided with cold arctic air which turned its rain into snow. It rained a little today.

In a couple of days it will be raining a lot and all the snow will be gone until the next storm. That snow might last 1 week. Then it will also be gone. The next snow after it might last 2 or 3 weeks.

I hate snow. :( It sucks to drive in (especially since i don't have 4 wheel drive...) and it makes everything look like crap... I like the cold, though. Easy to sleep in. :)

ThermalRunaway said:
They cancel school here at even the hint of a bit of snow. Infact, they cancel everything!!!

Brian

THe public school board's official polcy here is to not ever cancel school because of snow.

I don't have 4-wheel drive. I turn corners in the snow very sharply with my hand-brake. The rear "comes around" then I gun it to go in the new direction with front-wheel drive. Lots of fun.

audioguru said:
I don't have 4-wheel drive. I turn corners in the snow very sharply with my hand-brake. The rear "comes around" then I gun it to go in the new direction with front-wheel drive. Lots of fun.

I hope you have wide streets in canada:p

They mislabeled the location :)

**broken link removed**

Krumlink said:
They mislabeled the location :)

**broken link removed**
hi,
That looks a great location for a skate board.!:) [ or blades]

Marks256 said:
I hate snow. :( It sucks to drive in (especially since i don't have 4 wheel drive...) and it makes everything look like crap... I like the cold, though. Easy to sleep in. :)

People here (southern Vancouver Island) buy big SUVs so they have 4WD which they think makes it safe to drive in poor weather. Then they wonder why they wrap it around a telephone pole when it snows, even though they have the 4WD on.

About 12 years ago my best friend and I decided that -10 C is the perfect temperature. Now I live in a rainforest where it rarely snows. I miss the snow. It's beautiful and makes the world nice and quiet (it absorbs sound). Plus it's a lot more fun to drive in.

Torben

Torben said:
About 12 years ago my best friend and I decided that -10 C is the perfect temperature. Now I live in a rainforest where it rarely snows. I miss the snow. It's beautiful and makes the world nice and quiet (it absorbs sound). Plus it's a lot more fun to drive in.

Torben

Poor you. [/sarcasm off]

dknguyen said:
Poor you. [/sarcasm off]

Yeah, eh? *sigh* I guess we all have our little crosses to bear.

I don't miss days and days of gathering firewood, crawling around under the house to thaw frozen pipes, or shoveling snow.

And with the way people around Victoria drive (and the sheer number of them) a lack of snow is a distinct plus.

Torben

I was out 3 or 4 times shovelling snow yesterday and got it all done.
But in the middle of the night the snowplow cleaned the street by dumping tonnes of snow in eveyone's driveway.
The pile is over 100cm high at the foot of my driveway.

I have been to Victoria many times. There are many little old English people there.

There's a rainforrest in Canada?

That is what i was thinking... :eek:

I don't want to wreck my car... 2000 Mercury Sable LS

**broken link removed**

I don't have a bigger image, but i can upload an actual pic of mine (i am really proud of it, as it is my first car... :D)...

Hero999 said:
There's a rainforrest in Canada?

Yep. But don't worry, we're doing as much as we can to make sure those obnoxious huge old trees are replaced with condos ASAP. :rolleyes:

We have deserts, too. Supposedly the Pocket Desert near Osoyoos harbours the only known species of scorpion to suckle its young. Many of the X Files "New Mexico" scenes were shot in the interior deserts here.

Torben

Marks256 said:
That is what i was thinking... :eek:

I don't want to wreck my car... 2000 Mercury Sable LS

**broken link removed**

I don't have a bigger image, but i can upload an actual pic of mine (i am really proud of it, as it is my first car... :D)...

Nice! I still miss my first car (1985 Subaru Brat). Lots of other guys had cooler cars (according to them) but I loved that thing. My second car was a Brat too.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back