Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Novice but hooked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinsonoram

Hello from the UK
I am a novice looking to learn. I first came interested a few weeks ago after my tv went off. After speaking to a engineer ( who wanted £150 to fix tv) i decided to do a little research and found out that it was simply a blown cap which i replaced for pennies.
I am quite a handy person who can normally pick things up so i decided to research more on electronics, thats where i first came across this site.
At the minute im just doing simple circuits on breadboards but i am interested in microchip programming as there seems to be so much you can do. I have a pic programmer (velleman k4808) which im kinda getting.
Anyway thanks to all who have contributed to this site as it seems like i can learn alot from here.

Lee
North East
Uk

Lee,
Welcome to the addiction. The TV fix is a classic example of why most of us get interested in electronics. I needed a cheaper alternative to a 3000 dollar Torch Height Controller for my plasma table. I have built one for about 200 bucks and it should work just fine for my purposes. Good luck and welcome to the hobby.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back