Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

throbscottle

Happy Thursday everybody!
I managed to get what is probably a genuine Toshiba 1996 2SA1302 with green epoxy, to repair a PA, and started bending it's leads to match the original which have a semi-circle bent into them, presumably to allow for thermal expansion. They creaked and crackled a bit, then Whoops - the collector lead snapped!
Seems the leads are very brittle.
Is this something known to happen with components that have been stored a long time (this would be 20 years) or just with old Tosh trannys, or do I have reason to be suspicious?
I tried bending the leads of the original transistor a bit, they were pliable like they should be.

I'm going to bolster the leads with the cut off ones from the old transistor.

BTW I think the transistor is genuine after reading this thread: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/5064-toshiba-2sc3281-2sa1302-these-fakes.html
Only 1 dot, date mark indicates June '96, couldn't wipe the writing off with acetone (though I could scratch it with my nail a bit) and the "o" is in the right place. I eventually tested the collector capacitance and it's comparable to the data sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back