Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia 6100 Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real secret to making PCB's is simply taking your time, not rushing and doing it right the first time =)

This is completely true. . At least for your first ten boards. Or so... I can make that Nokia board and populate it in 20 minutes now. etching is Longest part being 15 min. I am working on better etching methods now.

Last edited:
Don't try to speed up your etching too much, you'll just get bad etching faster. Etching should be a near constant in your production especially if you've managed to get solid boards out with every other facet of the way you make them.

I have made very nice PCB's in the past. Its that my laminating machine got burnt and now i have to iron the PCB and transfer paper. This usually ruins the delicate traces such as the ones required for LCD connector. Also 3 times it happened that while using solder wick, my trace got ripped out too :(

that has happened to me in the past.. It truely sux and i always take my time to pre solder connectors and actual pad with small solder amounts then clean iron and heat the part to pad since both have solder

Not sure. I really didnt look into the specifics that much. I know this LCD can be used to play videos. Ill post a link

Last edited:
I have the LCD working (thanks to AtomSoft) however i find it pretty slow in comparison to 128 x 64 GLCD i had earlier. Is there a way to speed up the LCD? Currently i am using 4 MHz oscillator, will changing it to 10MHz or 8MHz help.

This LCD in nokia hand sets is pretty amazing but not when interfaced with PIC, what gives?

4mhz is pretty slow. i used this with a 10mips pic with great results. thats 40mhz pic for 8 bit core. check the lcd datasheet for max speed of lcd. ive seen this on a xmos playing a movie and was nice. not to slugish at all.

Ok, the speed definitly gets better when i put in 8MHz Oscillator. However when i put in 12MHz, nothing shows up. I have an oscillator 11.0592 which works better than 8MHz. How can i use 12MHz or better yet 24MHz oscillator ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back