Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia 6100 Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
New update.. i recently came across the need to have the text on the LCD oriented to a specific position so i create the following code:
Code:
#define LEFT 0
#define RIGHT 1
#define CENTER 2
Code:
    mylen = strlen((const char*)pString);

switch(orientation){
        case LEFT:
            y = 0;
            break;
        case RIGHT:
            y = 131 - (mylen*width);
            break;
        case CENTER:
            y = ((131 - (mylen*width)) / 2);
            break;
    }

strlen is in strings.h in C18 and is very useful.

Example Code:
Code:
void LCDPutStr2(const unsigned char *pString, int x, char orientation, int Size, int fColor, int bColor) {
	unsigned char oldY, width;
	unsigned char y, mylen;

mylen = strlen((const char*)pString);

if(Size == 0) 
		width = 6;
	else 
		width = 8;

switch(orientation){
		case LEFT:
			y = 0;
			break;
		case RIGHT:
			y = 131 - (mylen*width);
			break;
		case CENTER:
			y = ((131 - (mylen*width)) / 2);
			break;
	}
	oldY = y;

while (*pString) {											// loop until 0 is found
        LCDPutChar(*pString++, x, y, Size, fColor, bColor);	    // draw the character

y += width;			    								// Depending on Font width add to y(left)

if(y > 131 - width){				// If y > 131 max res then goto new line and resume
            y = oldY;						// Reset y from the start.
            x+=9;							// Add 9 pixels to hight
        }
    }
}

Last edited:
AtomSoft you really like working with displays :D

I see that you have made a lovely library for 6100 display. Was just wondering if moving towards n95 display will be same or much more complex?

Also i think your website have some issue (not opening up).

AtomSoft you really like working with displays :D

I see that you have made a lovely library for 6100 display. Was just wondering if moving towards n95 display will be same or much more complex?

Also i think your website have some issue (not opening up).

Not sure need to try it to see...

Yeah buy the other connect part and make a board... Im doing it now really...
I never found that proteus model... well i did but it didnt work... i mean wouldnt even load

Attachments

• 6100.jpg
    6100.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 758
Watch out when disconnecting the LCD from the connector. The connectors lock together fairly tight and I ended up ripping the male connector right off the FPC it's connected to.

Hey sorry was away for a while ill try to answer all above in 1 post.. THIS ONE... with EDITS

Ill POST my BOARD AND SCHEMATIC.. IT WORKS 100%

The below ZIP FILE contains the EAGLE FILES

6100 SCHEMATIC
6100 BOARD
6100 Library
MY CUSTOM LIBRARY... HAS STUFF I USE AND MADE AND IS TESTED

Attachments

• 6100.zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Thanks Atom, i actually do not use Eagle software, just use Proteus ARES for PCB designing. Its easier to bring schemetic from ISIS to ARES directly.

If i connect pin 10 with 3.6V and pin 9 with GND, should an LED glow (backlight maybe) ?

Did you solder the LCD connector your self, its very hard to get it right.

Check it out: Atomsoft's Blog

The newest post... Yes i did solder by hand... was a little issue but then remembered to use more LIGHT in the room and soldered it good! i can remove the LCD and replace it with another without the connector breaking. I recommend some glue tho heh... like thermal glue or something heh...

PIN 10 to 5v and 9 to GND.... Not sure of power requirements. I guess i should read up on that...

Last edited:
after wasting 6 pcb's and 5 LCD connector jacks i give up. The problem is with the PCB's. Its very hard to get neat and clean lines for such small connector. Two or three lines get short :(

How do you make such neat PCB's, whats the secret ?

Nothing really. Just print iron/laminate and etch. I can make you a pcb with parts for 4 lcd connectors. 1 For ur board and 3 for me :D ill do complete pcb and part including. ams1117 aka 3.3v reg and smd resistors for 5v usage on pics

Can you make me a few as well. :D

The thing is i do not have a lamination machine (got burnt). For this reason the traces get a little messy specially the delicate ones.

How much cost for each board ? :)

Last edited:
If you can supply a LCD Connector for each then ill do you up to 4 for $8 thats $2 each... that includes the Regulators and resistors... If you can supple me with 3x the connectors then free!

Like if you want 3 boards done. If you send me 9 connectors ill do you the 3 for free...

If you want PCB alone $1.50 each (no parts on board.) but will test each connection (trace)

The real secret to making PCB's is simply taking your time, not rushing and doing it right the first time =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back