Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia 6100 Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean save $100? The one ima get is 2.4" with touch on board for $60 from ebay... But i dont intend on using touch screen... much at least heh

If i learn how to use it i would make it stable buttons like up down left right arrows on screen.

If you can link me to a nice cheap Color LCD about 2.4" or bigger ill gladly purchase or check it out first heh...

The touch most likely i wouldnt use tho... to much extra work. I would like to use that track ball from sparkfun:

https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9320

Or:

https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9426

or if im broke (right now i am heh)

SparkFun Electronics - Surface Mount Navigation Switch

The last one surface mount would be fun to play with and i would try to place it vertical on the remote instead of on the side. This makes it unique and different. Would be fun.

If i use the trackball i would try to place on the side heh. Not sure but i would get the cheapest most likely mainly because its a protoype... i might get all 3 and make different ones and see which is best.

what do you mean save $100? The one ima get is 2.4" with touch on board for $60 from ebay... But i dont intend on using touch screen... much at least heh

If i learn how to use it i would make it stable buttons like up down left right arrows on screen.

If you can link me to a nice cheap Color LCD about 2.4" or bigger ill gladly purchase or check it out first heh...

The touch most likely i wouldnt use tho... to much extra work. I would like to use that track ball from sparkfun:

SparkFun Electronics - Blackberry Trackballer Breakout

Or:

SparkFun Electronics - Thumb Slide Joystick

or if im broke (right now i am heh)

SparkFun Electronics - Surface Mount Navigation Switch

The last one surface mount would be fun to play with and i would try to place it vertical on the remote instead of on the side. This makes it unique and different. Would be fun.

If i use the trackball i would try to place on the side heh. Not sure but i would get the cheapest most likely mainly because its a protoype... i might get all 3 and make different ones and see which is best.

heh i like this one too:
SparkFun Electronics - Thumb Joystick

If you want cheap, that analogue joystick from Sparkfun is just the PSP replacement joystick. You can get it $2.19 shipped from DealExtreme.

**broken link removed**

I made up a Eagle library entry for it if you want it.

Watch out, because they are sensitive to heat. I think they are just snap fit into an actual PSP. I used a bit of hot air to solder mine down and it messed with the grease inside and internals and it's not all that smooth anymore.

hey just remembered, since my hands can be steady at times... i will just take the pad apart so i can solder on the board without damage to plastic / soft parts

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

are gonna be on my get list heh

Last edited:
Very heh .5mm spacing and zif is basic needed. Zif i suppose because it wont just slip in on a push connector since there is no backing. And .5mm is the spacing heh.

Last edited:
I soldered without the connector on my test setup, but it's not something I'd want to do again. People are complaining that the touchscreens that Sparkfun sells have ribbon cables that are too thin for their own connectors and they slip out. The touchscreens I've gotten from DX have worked fine with the connectors, though.

I would by from that DX place Mainly because they are new to me and I know sparkfun orders take sometime to come in heh. Also I would like to see how well they operate since they have some great deals. Your above post just shows me I was heading in the right direction

I buy a decent amount of stuff from DX. Similar to Futurlec, shipping takes a long time. Usually the package comes in an envelop with just a bunch of bubblewrap.

They have really nice tweezers, solder paste, some wire connectors; I get my 900mhz antennas and SMA connectors from them... the rare earth magnets are fun to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back