Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nice little component tester kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I dont know why you all are ordered this product.. I think almost all users are able to build one. They are brillient. is it? Nice peoples.
I get much help from this forum.

Thank for the Admin to I can use this forum..

Reguards manoj soorya

I dont know why you all are ordered this product.. I think almost all users are able to build one.

The component tester comes as a kit of parts, so, yes they did build it!

It is also impossible to buy all the parts separately for less than the price of the kit, especially when the kit includes a circuit board.

JimB

Put it together this afternoon. It gave proper results for the three components I fed it. resistor capacitor transistor.
I did not have a guide and installed the switch wrong. Turned the switch 180 degrees and the project worked much better :) I now have a guide.

Question: I may cut a trace and install a diode to protect against DC entering the meter the wrong way but there is the T3 circuit that may be already protecting. Can someone comment on this please?

tester.png

Last edited:
Thank you, Nigel.
At rest the current is too low for me to read on a 2 ma full scale digital meter.
With a new 9v battery I read less than 13 ma when the meter is 'on'.

Still looking for a plastic case.
The device is 81mm x 81mm x 21mm.

In the mean time I have found a free solution :)
A food plastic container from a set that I have never used.
The lid will not stay shut and so the product sucks and should be used for something else.
At a current drain of less than 13 ma the battery should last a very long time.
I'm hoping that replacing the battery will only distroy one of the four tie-wraps.

The white stuff is folded packing strips to push the display against the bottom of the box.

I have spst momentary contact switches but don't think I have to use one at this time.
I found a perfect extension for the switch. A plastic part of a Parker pen refill.
(not in the picture)

The display looks good even with the protection transparent strip in place and viewing through the bottom of the case. I just don't know enough about my camera to make a better picture.

Only three alligator clip leads were killed in the process :)
Please don't rat on me to the 'Animal Protection Agency'!

Good enough for now.

IMG_2947.jpg

Last edited:
I found a component that fooled the tester. It called a .33F supercap a cell.
Not too far off though :)

Thanks for the info link, ccurtis.

The one offered by BangGood (.com) is cheaper and tests inductance too.
Not sure if that is documented though.
I wound a toroid yesterday that was 6.16uh and it could not measure that small an inductance.
Just measured a choke 861uh (L&C meter) - 0.88mh on the multi-tester.

Thanks for the info link, ccurtis.

The one offered by BangGood (.com) is cheaper and tests inductance too.

There have been various versions of the software, with much improved ones since the original - presumably adding inductance was one of the improvements?.

The links in the BangGood page I posted give good information.

I just ordered another.
wasnt that happy with my esr meter after it didnt pick out a bad cap, so i ordered one of those with the fancy oled displays and tells you esr etc.
More axpensive at 15 notes.

Hmm, yes it was however my esr test box operates at 200mv so doesnt make semi's conduct, low resistances will still afftect it I spose.
The meter shows a dead cap as a short, but using my sig gen and 'scope its only a few ohms, the impedance is very low from the esr meter so not sure whats occuring.
I spose the new one wont be able to test in circuit as I suspect it'll use the avr's 5v rail to test with.

Hmm, yes it was however my esr test box operates at 200mv so doesnt make semi's conduct, low resistances will still afftect it I spose.

As far as I know all ESR meters test at low voltages?, for that reason - that's not what causes the issues - just sometimes you HAVE to take it out, as the connected circuitry stops it giving a correct reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back