Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ni-cad discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you are doing is not working for keeping for keeping your NiCd's alive. Generally, that is considered as a signal to change what you are doing. I disagree that NiCd's are the preferred choice for modern power tools. But whatever, that is your choice. Allowing your NiCd's to go to 0.75 V per cell is not a good plan.

John

My aim was to discharge down to one volt per cell, 12 volts per pack.
You obviously don't use power tools in the construction industry. Thanks anyway.

My aim was to discharge down to one volt per cell, 12 volts per pack.
You obviously don't use power tools in the construction industry. Thanks anyway.
Voltage reference, comparator, relay, 18V power supply. Not much to the circuit. Check out the LM393 datasheet.
Voltage reference, comparator, relay, 18V power supply. Not much to the circuit. Check out the LM393 datasheet.
A 12V 5W zener in series with a 20Ω resistor should do it.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back