Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't notice this category when I joined a few days ago :rolleyes:; also, not that anyone would think so, but no, I am not actually knighted. I just like the way it sounds :p

Anyway, I have come here to learn, mostly. I started with a project (I am still working on it, putting LEDs in my speakers driven by the audio), but have since come to realise how much other information there is, and how many helpful people are here.

I will admit, I am a student who has actually just started my first physics class, which in fact will cover very little on electronics, however I have always been interested in all kinds of electronics. After working in my school's Stage Crew, which not only included learning to use technology, like a digital soundboard, but also involved a lot of soldering and wiring for LED strips that we were wiring throughout our set, I realised how fun it could be, as well as how little I knew. Previously, I had thought things like "I know stuff about electron flow, and how larger wires mean less resistance, parallel vs series, I am pretty okay" but suddenly I realised not how much I knew, but how much I didn't.

I built my own computer a couple of years ago, and have been experimenting software-wise, however I think it is the hands-on practical stuff that I really enjoy, so I hope to find various projects to do and learn from (preferably cheap projects, or even better "built from scrap parts":D).

Someday I hope to have learnt enough (much of it from you guys :)) be able to contribute back to this forum more than I currently can.

Didn't notice this category when I joined a few days ago :rolleyes:; also, not that anyone would think so, but no, I am not actually knighted. I just like the way it sounds :p

Anyway, I have come here to learn, mostly. I started with a project (I am still working on it, putting LEDs in my speakers driven by the audio), but have since come to realise how much other information there is, and how many helpful people are here.

I will admit, I am a student who has actually just started my first physics class, which in fact will cover very little on electronics, however I have always been interested in all kinds of electronics. After working in my school's Stage Crew, which not only included learning to use technology, like a digital soundboard, but also involved a lot of soldering and wiring for LED strips that we were wiring throughout our set, I realised how fun it could be, as well as how little I knew. Previously, I had thought things like "I know stuff about electron flow, and how larger wires mean less resistance, parallel vs series, I am pretty okay" but suddenly I realised not how much I knew, but how much I didn't.

I built my own computer a couple of years ago, and have been experimenting software-wise, however I think it is the hands-on practical stuff that I really enjoy, so I hope to find various projects to do and learn from (preferably cheap projects, or even better "built from scrap parts":D).

Someday I hope to have learnt enough (much of it from you guys :)) be able to contribute back to this forum more than I currently can.

Hi Sir.

I am but your humble servant.....if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

LOL.

We have some really good Digital people here. Hang around here and find out ;) Me, strictly Analogue.

Your slave,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back