Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacechimp

Hello all,

I have successfully built Myke Predko's El Cheapo programmer for a PIC16f877. At least that what the software is telling me.

My question: What is my best bet software-wise if I want to use this programmer? I realize that anything that will compile to hex will work because I can use the programmer interface to load it. But maybe some of the programming software available actually recognizes the El Cheapo?

btw is "el cheapo" a dirty word on this forum? Because I posted this once with e"el cheapo" in the title, and mostly people didn't even *read* it, never mind the zero responses... Just curious.

Cheers,
SpaceChimp

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back