Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie needs help with lighted rocker switch please

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyG

ok im a dummie i need help please i have this rocker switch ad i'm not sure how to wire it i have some pics
it is 120 volt
thats as much as i know

i also know i have positive and ground coming in 2 wires and i also know i need positive and a ground to go to my part
20141125_205222_resized.jpg
2014-11-25 20.51.36_resized.jpg

i also think for the ground i split the ground and 1 ground wire goes to the switch and other will connect to my component, i thing the prong that is by itself would be my ground not sure thanks

Do you have a meter? If you can measure continuity from pin to pin on the switch it won't take long to find which two terminals are the switch.
The light will measure as "open".

Do you want the light to be on when you turn on the switch? OR Do you want the light on when power is available? Two different ways of wiring.

Are you switching AC (110 or 220) or DC like 12 volts?

i have a meter and and i put it on 2k and it showes 1. when i touch probe to the prong by it self and the prong to the right of it it shows 0 when i turn the twitch the reading on the same 2 prongs go to 1. i get no reading at all no matter what from the other prong
i would like light to be on when it is on it's all 110 just using it as an on/off switch thanks

Here is a bad picture. I tried to make a plugin on one end and a light bulb on the other.
upload_2014-11-25_20-45-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-25_20-44-59.png
    upload_2014-11-25_20-44-59.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 257
ok right now i have 1 + wire coming in attached to top prong than i have a jumper going from that to prong under it than i have transformer connected to prong on left switch works but does not light up it's a lighted rocker switch

Try this when you get the time... So what you guys think about my crappy diagram? This is the only way i see it working..
MWeW0VQ.png

4 and 3 has a lamp between it , + voltage from terminal 2 makes contact with terminal 4 making the lamp light up when you attach Negative to terminal 3 then you would split your Negative wire to the transformer or any application your powering...

As terminals 2 and 4 are the switch side of the switch so your turning both the lamp and the application on.

Another view:

In the electrical world, the color of the terminals are used. Lots of times you will have a brass and silver therminal. here you have two copper and one brass. The one way, it won;t work is the diagonal terminals for the switch.

So, the switch has to be along the short dimension or along the long dimension.

Both are plausible.

I THINK the switch is the two copper terminals and the neutral is the brass terminal.

Easily verified with an ohmeter.

The HY60C has a number of options. the only one that makes sense is the lighted option.
**broken link removed**
The lighted on appears to be a breaker too.

The switch COULD be lighted by a neon lamp. That would not show continuity at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back