Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"new" scope screen all blurry - help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi picasm,chance,

Looking at the download site for the manuals, they are warning viewers that
certain b*****s are downloading the free manuals and selling them on as their own items on eBay.

Buyer Beware as they say!.

Regards
EricG

Chance, Get a pair of decent *1/*10 switchable probes for your CRO, so you get the best results.

Hopefully you end up with a working unit, sounds like you are on the way.

I would leave a negative feedback. Sometimes people honestly sell stuff they have no ability to verify as working, so they say "as-is". But if the pictures were with the unit off, description vague, and they sell this type of stuff on a regular basis, the BS radar goes "ping". Seeing a negative rating will let future buyers read and decide on there own if the seller is being shady.
Better sellers just say "hanger queen" or "parts only, not working".

I agree with RadioRon, there is some nice stuff on EBay, bought quite a bit of test gear myself there. I got burnt once, gettting only the compenstation module ( scope end, no cable or probe ) for a Tek probe, but price was fairly low, and its now a spare for the probes I have that use it. The 2235 Tek scope, both Fluke meters ( 12, 87 v ) , various small gadgets, leads, etc all EBay buys, all worked as new and do duty daily on my bench.

Well FYI everyone the company name was Nolatech out of Texas. They are an actual company with a few employees - I spoke to a few of them before getting the scope. I will wait to hear from them before putting up a negative, only because I can see how a "tech" in the back room may have gotten lazy about testing it. So if they offer a refund + shipping it will be neutral (though I will keep the scope), otherwise, negative. Positive is not an option now for the reasons already listed.

Yes, it's possible to get a good scope on Ebay.
I bought a Tektronix 453A a few months ago for $51.00, and it works beautifully. 60Mhz is fast enough, and is Analogue, which pretty much takes care of most signals I will be looking for.
And at time of purchase, they had told me the probe was missing. Which was fine, as I got a new one for 10$ the next day, also on Ebay.
So Yes, it's possible.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back