Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new purchase for grandson

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

got this in the mail today, was on sale for $45. I opened and wow there is a lot of stuff in it.
Asked wife if I could buy one for myself == NO unless we are made of money lol
https://www.elecrow.com/arduino-compatible/crowtail-advanced-kit-for-arduino.html
All the stuff could be utilized with a microchip pic / swordfish. But would need a development board (tap-28 would do the deed)
Was looking over the online instructions/code and it looks very similar to Swordfish.

They do seem very good value, though I cannot see any breadboard or jumper wires in that kit ?
He will need them to connect all those modules up, saves a lot of soldering etc

Yes you can use those items with your Pic etc, and as a long term pic user, I would say go with the Arduino and C++, a whole new interesting arena

Asked wife if I could buy one for myself == NO unless we are made of money lol
Early Birthday pressy ;)

There are a great many Arduino based kits, many considerably cheaper than that one - the contents are usually 'different', and in the more expensive ones you usually get a few more expensive items. It's common for a breadboard to be included, so perhaps a cheaper one (with a breadboard) might be a better first choice?.

looking at the kit it appears that it's all plug in modules so no jumper wires needed.
After I research the different kit parts etc. maybe add a pack of jumper wires and breadboard.
this kit says it is all plug n run, no wiring involved. Sounds kinda boring but as a learning tool it removes the frustration of a misplaced connection then the user can concentrate on the code why for's etc.

just a thought, maybe have a breadboard made that jumper wires be used as well as a microchip 18F based board instead of an Arduino?
Basically use included modules but develop code that simulates what the Arduino C++ is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back