Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Forum Struction: have your say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good

The beginners section is a very vital part of this forum as it enables newbies to understand and also feel part of this family. Its really a good work and i would advise you to also include a space for technical materials and also a forum for meeting each other.

All Change !

Mixed feelings on this ...

- RF (Radio frequency) -- Call this "Amateur Radio Comms" or something ?

- Radio Controlled -- Call this "RC Modelling" ? - will this get confused with robotics ?

- Electronic Books -- Attracting more copyright infringement ?

I think there needs to be a rethink of the datasheets forum -
Is it possible to have a read-only area where every datasheet is listed by part number and function for easy access (as done by all the manufacturers) and a forum for requests, when somebody finds a datasheet being requested it could be added to the main read-only area and the request posting could be deleted so only un-answered requests remain in the forum. Eventually, the read-only area could contain all the commonly used datasheets and, if well indexed, would be much easier and more compact than the existing system.
Maybe give moderators write access to add datasheets, everyone else has only read access.

Hmmm ... a forum for meetings ? (idea stolen from beryour) -- could this work as a notice board for events such as radio rallies and computer fairs ?

Last edited:
The Forum Restructuring

I share the same idea with lord Loo: "that a forum to discuss electonics related coding like C coding to control ports, Matlab, C18(or shall we put c18 in microcontrollers?) and other related EDA Softwares" should be put in place. I know a little of C/C++, VB and Basic(don't get me wrong,'am not a guru) but i dont know how to write microcontroller programms. So, it will be an advantage to novices like me who want to know more about microcontroller programing and other programing lamguages and their codings to ports.

I think that RF Forums are ok and there is no need for a seperate Radio Control forum.
I disagree with Chemelec, I think that Analoge and Digital Electronics should remain combined.

A comparison...

I`m happy about the beginners section.
Just for some ideas, i wanna post how a **broken link removed** is sectioned:
(i think its broken up too much)

Electronics:
-analog
-digital
-microcontrollers
-energetics (high power electronics)
-carelectrics(not car acoustics)

Home workshop:
-projects(whole projects)
-pcb making(toner transfer, photo, etching, drilling holes,...)
-housing making(wood, alu, sheet metal,...)
-where to get...?(manufacturers, shops,...)
-servise(how to repair...?, servise manuals)
-tools(drills, solder, meters, CNC tools,...)
-software

Audio, video
-general audio
-car acoustics
-high end acoustics
-TV, video, DVD
-RF(ham, GSM,telecomunications)
-antennas

Other
-selling, buying adds
-****-chat
-science and technology in the world
-sugestions
-trash

New struction

Hi ElectroMaster, some suggestions:

May be dividing analogic & digital electronics sections, each with its own subsection.

But more interesting, what about adding sections on math and physics?
Those are tools of great value for electronics that should not be ignored.

Greetz. Best regards

Last edited:
Yes I agree, the new forums sound great.
I like the beginners section idea, a lot of us have been
in electronics a while, but there seems to be fewer and fewer
places a person new to electronics can get ansewers.

Frank

I like the way they are catergorized, but i think still there's no place for POWER ELECTRONICS. What about a separate for digital and microprocessors.

That is going to be interesting. I believe people that are ready to learn we definitely gain from the new intending forum.

thanks alot.

MCUs

It would be great if the MCUs section will be further sub-divided into specific platforms. 8051, PIC, Z8, etc.

information on repairs of dth receivers

Hi,

I think Technical & Service information on VCD,DVD players & DTH receivers should be shared along with data sheets of IC used & circuit diagrames.

K.K.Madan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back