Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Forum Struction: have your say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions

I would also like to suggest if you could also create as Section
for Micomputers and Microprocess - also as a form of beginner's tutorial.

Abt forum

hi Electro,
I appriciate ur work ,iahv som sugession abt the forum in the elect catagiry first starts wit RF and finished wit ROBOTICS because begning users cant get inoug idea abt ROBOTICS ,RF is eazy 2 under stand then RF controle and other things

and one more thing elect contents first you go theorey and then project

Maybe a power electronics section to separate the motor controllers, drivers, and battery chargers and such.

And maybe radio-controlled should be called something else to separate it from regular radio...like....uhhhh...RC Hobby Electronics or something like that.

However, I think RC falls under other categories and should not have it's own section, like:
battery issues -> Power Electronics
RC Servo Motors -> Power Electronics (possibly robotics since that is where they are used most other than RC vehicles)
Radio Transmitters/Receivers-> RF

The thing though is you don't want *too many* categories (Im talking about maybe the AVR and PIC being separated) because what happens is that then people aren't sure where to look for certain answers or where to post their question without double-posting.

Last edited:
New forum structure

Hi,

I like your new forum structure.

I agree with others that the forum structure should remain simple. You might want to add a general electronics section to cover all areas of electronics not covered in the listed sections.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

Last edited:
Even though it has already been said several times, I would like a Beginer Forum as I am completly new to electronics.

it sound great,
well the beginers part sound more promising for the beginer, and also it might help those people who are seeking for advice on their final year project too...

the alternative energy is a brand new idea, who could help a lot of newbie like me in this field

This looks like a good base arrangement. It is often difficult wading through loads of stuff to find specific info.

I like the idea of alternative energy, I'm already in many yahoo groups in this field, including diverse subject matter as Hydrogen electrolosis, magnetic motors etc, most of which rely on electronics.

If it's easier to find the catagory, it's got to be a good thing.

Steve

Your sugestions look good. I don't think dividing things into too many categories is a good idea, however. As it is, when looking through a forum, there are topics which catch my eye, that I would never have expected, and perhaps would never have come across. The section for beginners is a good idea, as well as the Radio, RC sections, and I like how you have divided the tech section into three parts.
Regards,
Robert

Edit, but perhaps a section on sensors would be helpful?

great reorganization and a disticntion between analogic and digital is a good idea perhaps a seperate category for amplifiers as well

Considering the existing numer of forums, a great many posts get posted in the wrong forums anyway - increasing the number of forums will only increase the number of posts in the wrong place!.

Most of the suggestions so far are for very minority topics, and it's unlikely that they would attract many posts - and certainly not long term!.

it's been a long time since the last time lurking around :) btw it's nice to be back here and here's my opinion to the make over:

1. The idea was awesome! Electronic Enthusiast can now easily identify which forum discussion to look at.

2. But the idea will be added work to mods. why? because not most posters post their issues in the correct discussion.

good luck anyways!

Those new idea's for extra subjects are a great idea.A Beginner's category is the best thing.

What about a section on original design for professional electronics installers. I'm a CEDIA member, and my company designs and installs custom systems, low and high voltage.

The custom installers lounge at Remotesystems.com is OK but mostly programming and I.R. codes as you would expect.

Bruce in FL
Alltech Systems Design & Consltg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back