1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

New Forum Struction: have your say!

Discussion in 'Site Issues & Feedback' started by ElectroMaster, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectroMaster

ElectroMaster Administrator

Hi All,

I have been reviewing the forums of late and have been toying with the idea of adding some new ones plus re-arranging some old ones. Here is what i have come up with.

I would like to know what everyone thinks. All suggestions are welcome.

Edit: Added Electronic Datasheets.
    Edit: Description on Beginner Electronics could be "For discussing basic fundamentals of electronics like resistors, watts, volts, etc"

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  2. bryan1

bryan1 Well-Known Member

Hiya Electro,
    Those new idea's for extra subjects are a great idea, I especially like the alternative energy subject as I'm totally reliant on solar and wind power on the farm. Also the beginners subject will be a good answer to all those new members with there first post asking basic questions. You can count me in for the changes mate ;)

Cheers Bryan :D

3. Electric Rain

Electric Rain New Member

A Beginner's category is the best thing an informative forum like this one can have. Great idea. I like the others too, but I don't think you should have an RF forum AND a Radio Controlled forum... that just doesn't make sense to me. I'm glad you thought of this... the forums are getting WAY to large; we need categorization.

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. ElectroMaster

ElectroMaster Administrator

To clarify, the Radio Controlled forum would be for things like RC Cars, Boats, and Planes. I believe RF is totally different (correct me if im wrong) as it relates to ham radios, which seems to be a huge topic.

All forums would have a description to hopefully prevent confusion.

Keep the comments coming they so far they are very good!

6. Slashdot

Slashdot New Member

An RF forum or one specifid to Ham Radio would be very welcome im my case, I am an Amature Radio Operator and am always consrtructing something to do with that hobby

7. Giant

Giant New Member

That sounds great!! As a beginner I need the beginners section

8. chemelec

chemelec Well-Known Member

I would like to see a Seperation between "Analogue" and "Digital" Electronics.

A Seperate forum for each.

9. Alex_rcpilot

Alex_rcpilot New Member

I don't know what it will be like inside the Radio Controlled section when those people start to put on their topics. There're plenty of RC forums full of RC fans on the internet. They talk too much about craft and control skills all the time, and they don't usually read the rules carefully before posting. Hopefully this section won't be filled with such irrelevant threads. Even if such threads will be deleted asap, it wears the administrator out.

I kinda like the Alternative Energy forum idea. It will be great working out new ideas with everybody here.

10. MathGeek

MathGeek New Member

Would there be a General Electronics catagory?

11. xjackal

xjackal New Member

good

power electronics,communication systems and electronics software should give a ty

12. lord loh.

lord loh. Member

Software Forum...

How about a forum to discuss electonics related coding like C coding to control ports, Matlab, C18(or shall we put c18 in microcontrollers?) and other related EDA Softwares...:)

Also...If you are in a mood for excessive work... Could we have a wiki... where good posts could be transformed into articles and edited by users to form into a full fledged articles.... In course of time, we shall have an elecronics Encyclopedia...But again... Too much work...:confused:

Good luck ElecroMaster.

13. sawwa7

sawwa7 New Member

well, that sounds really great
    i'd like to have a new category with different sections related to electronics technical reapairs as well .
    thanks alot
    Regards

14. ratkobera

ratkobera New Member

What about AUDIO category - Tubes, Mosfet, Combo, 1000...Wats, Etc.

15. jrz126

jrz126 Active Member

16. hjl4

hjl4 Member

I think a beginners section would be great along with beginner circuits and projects.
    Should we separate atmel and microchip??
    Definitely an alternative energy forum.

17. jcirafic

jcirafic New Member

Software forum

This is a great idea and will revitalize interest in the subject for many, particularly me.
    I agree with the previous post by Loh, a software section would be nice. Microcontrollers are a large part of that, but assembler and C (and other languages) written to all architectures (MIPS, SPARC, intel etc ) are of keen interest. Code snippets for use on IO ports, hard drives, memory in PC's, cell phones, PDA's and game systems are interesting.
    Thank you for your effort! Good luck electromaster..

18. Dean Huster

Dean Huster Well-Known Member

I've seen newer forums where the owner went all-out, dreaming up every conceivable category, ending up with so many, that you don't really know where to post a new topic: it may be a topic that really covers two or more of the forum subjects; it may be a topic for a specific forum subject, but there are so few posts on that subject that the post will never see a reply. So, too many categories is not a good thing. Of course, too few has the other effect of too much overburden that browsing the category is too much drudgery.

Dean

19. sx881663

sx881663 New Member

I feel that the "Sensorless BLDC electronic motor" and the controlers for them would make a great topic. There is a great deal of interest in these motors due to their efficiency, reliability and great power potential. There is a sad lack of usable information on them and the forum could become a clearing house that would be appreciated by a lot of people.
    Roger

20. shadowmodder

shadowmodder New Member

may i suggest somethin!

hi........i would like to suggest that we could hve different wireless sections as :
    IR
    Blue tooth
    RF frequencies------- all radio modules,RFID
    Zigbee
    wifi
    cell phone band......... including sms trigggerings

GPS.......wireless but controversial to come under this section
    wlan

will we have such a section!

bye people
    take care

21. wcharles

wcharles New Member

My compliments on a job well done.

If I understand right,it should be a lot less searching.For those concerned about too much RC and Radio Frequency,unless that is your interest you would not even know they were there!I think if is not too much work breaking things down into section narrows down your search,where you can solve your problem quicker.That is the reason people look to others for help,If we were all GENIUSES we would not need anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.