Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New battery : Need suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew J. Burgess

Hi there,

I’m planning to buy a battery for Ram 3500. The battery is having trouble while starting the engine at early morning. So I consulted my mechanic to find the reason for it. He recommended me to buy a new X2 Power Battery for 2011 Ram 3500 L6 6.7L 730CCA with **broken link removed**which become a good pair for Ram. Does anyone tried using both in your vehicle? Please share your experience and suggestions. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

Five years is not bad, especially in Toronto. You cant put the magic snake oil in the battery; it is a sealed AGM.I wouldn't put anything other than distilled water into a flooded-cell battery with caps anyway ...

I would use a smart AGM float-charger if the vehicle is not driven at least one day a week to overcome the parasitic draw while the vehicle is parked. A heater pad under the battery will help the battery on a cold morning...

I have several AGMs in vehicles..., I am getting to the point where I prefer them over flooded cell batteries, especially in my airplanes, where vented acid is a horrible problem.

In Arizona, the heat kills batteries (due to self-discharge at 39degC). Where you live, cold is good for batteries in terms of their longevity, but it is in the cold weather (at 0degC when the oil in the crankcase is stiff) that you finally learn that you should have bought a new battery the previous fall ;)

Last edited:
You fit the biggest capacity battery possible which fits in the battery tray,
Less voltage drop during cranking = More torque spinning the engine around.
Especially on cold mornings with a diesel engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back