Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Urgent Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestynub

I am a beginner in robotics.. and I need help in making 3 Animal Bots all 3 could be same which can walk, grab things and do a small trick.. I can make a simple bot with wheels which can walk... But I am getting confused and troubled with giving it a animal shape and I really don't know how to make it grab things or do a trick.. And the budget of the robot is 200$ so like I need to make 3 robots under 200$.. I can go over that but that is the official budget atm.. If anyone can help me int he slightest.. please! D:

Wheels can't walk... What are your concepts for making these robots move in your price range? What have you researched yourself that we could actually help with?

;.;

Well.. I am a beginner in robotics.. So I may sound noobish or something.. Don't think of the Budget/price range atm.
Our goal is to make a Robot which would be assembled in an animal.. The main thing for the robot is that that it should grab things with his hand or nay body part and then give it to one of the members..
Basically we just need to present a Robot which would be assembled in an animal which would grab a item and give it to one of the members and if it could do a trick or 2.. which would steal peoples attention...
I would give full credit to the person who would be glad to help me in this project or could guide me..We have a lot of time.. Like months but I really need to finalize that this project is possible under 2 weeks..

And Sceadwian

the basic concept to make them move that i thought was to attach wheels, which would make them move.. I think that would not work? D:

Noobish or not, doesn't matter, if you want a result you have to clearly define your intention FIRST.

You did a better job of that in post #3 as I now actually understand what you were talking about!

Wheels don't mimic animals though. If you just want it to look like an animal you can slap on some cardboard and paint.

Seems your main question is about the grabber. Which is not an easy one. What are your requirements for your grabber?
should grab things with his hand or nay body part and then give it to one of the members..
That's not a specification nor does it clearly define your intended objective in a way that would allow suggestions to be made.

How big is the object? What is it's shape. You've stated it must be picked up and handed to another robot but how do you intend to go about the detection of the presence of the object? Picking something up is incredibly easy! Knowledge of where it is what it is and how to pick it up is not!

Suffice to say, need more information.

Huff.

The object can be anything.. A small ball, a small box..
And I think the the cardboard, paint and other stuff would work..

I may be annoying or 'am being a hindrance..

I am not much advanced about these things.. I really don't know how to make it identify a presence and grab it.. That's why i came here for guidance on what to do.

The robot can be small.. And the thing which the robot has to grab would be small as I said before..
Basically there would be an item on the ground and the robot would go near the item, grab the item and then bring it back to me or the other member..

I also thought of making it a line follow robot where i would guide the robot to the item the robot would grab it and then it follow back the line.

Physical bumpers are always good for object detection, ultrasonics if available, scoops are simple to implement for picking up an object, line following to the object would eliminate a lot of problems, if you're allowed to do that.

I think line following is allowed.. But I will check again with the supervisor.. Would you mind helping me with the scoop? to pick up an object..

Get a full list of the rules and post them, might be able to help then. Need specifics, like the exact size and shape, or at least a range of sizes and shapes for the object, how large the arena is and what it's walls are like and what aids to the robot (like line drawing) are permitted.

Last edited:
Kay.. I need to go somewhere tomorrow. and its late today.. So I will get all the details by monday? And thanks a LOT!

Whenever! I'm subscribed to this thread, any new posts that are made in it I'll be sure to get within 24 hours in general, I log on regularly.

Sorry

sorry.. We still need to get the full guidelines yet.. This is the synopsis we got yet..

" Problem 1: Pet Project
The problem is to design, build, and run three vehicles that will deliver parts to an Assembly Area. The team will create a signal that lets the audience know which vehicle is about to travel and deliver a part. The parts will be assembled into a pet animal. Once assembly is completed, the animal will perform a trick. The theme of the presentation must include the delivery of the parts, the assembly, and the pet animal. "

I hope you would be active by the time i get the guidelines. I really appreciate your help. And do you have any MSN or anything else where I could contact you if you wouldn't be active here?

If I'm not active here that means my free time is limited. Keep it on the forum others will likely be willing to help.

=D Thank you. I really cant tell I got to find such a good forum with nice people..
Edit: Btw about the micro-controllers/receivers/etc other parts of laptops/computer/other electronic devices.. Ca those parts be okay to use for making robots. ( As to save money)

Last edited:
If I'm not active here that means my free time is limited.

i could not pass this one, almost 14000 posts in 6 years is not active enough?
that is more than 6 posts per day, every day... :D

And to think I took something like a year off panic mode :D

Depends on what you're trying to be cheap on Bestynumb, you can usually do okay on a low budget but what you can re purpose is a little limited, sometimes you just need the right part, and spending a little bit of money can save you a LOT of time.

Off the shelf it wouldn't Bestnub, but you can modify it =)

Those are not wheels, they're compound complex mechanical structures that look like wheels and can be made to function in a crude sense like legs, with more failure modes than either core solution and no net benefits.

Define what practical system that could be used in effectively and you won't find anything, you'll just find a few animated gifs and movies from college students that think they've redefined the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back