Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need urgent help on interfacing USB bluetoothdongle wit 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasaddinkar

i need to sense some parameters n do data loggin on pc
i intend to use 8051 n interface it wit a USB bluetooth dongle so that i can send data wirelessly to PC using a similar dongle on PC side i dont have problems interfacing dongle to PC but need help on interfacing dongle to 8051 via USB

The answer is very simple - DON'T!

Buy an RS232 Bluetooth dongle, and a MAX232 IC. A search of MAX232 RS232 on google will give you the circuit required, as will the datasheet.

If you really must - for example, if your tutor insists, then buy a USB to RS232 interface IC, like the FT232.

Dont even think about trying to perform the USB stack in the 8051, you will not have enough time to work out how to do it.

~Mike.

thanx a ton actually i also was thinkin on same lines...
but can u tell me is it poss 4 a rs232 dongle 2 send data 2 a usb dongle on pc side i mean if i interface rs232 dongle to 8051 den is it poss to establish a link wit a usb dongle on pc side n do data loggin....n wat abt data syncro wont it create problems......?

No, you cannot do that.

Actually I cannot see why you might want too; perhaps you could explain.
You would get better range by simply connecting the uart port of the 8051 (via a RS232 level shifter ) to the RS232 port on the PC.

You could not physically connect two usb dongles together either, because a USB dongle implements the USB-DEVICE mode of operation, while a PC implements the USB-MASTER mode. The USB-MASTER is much more complex than a USB-DEVICE, mostly in software.

Regards,

Mike.

i got it thanx...can u please tell me one thing that if i interface a RS232 dongle to 8051 n a similar dongle to PC side den will i encounter any syncro probs..also like USB dongles r der any drivers 4 RS232 dongles that need 2 b loded on PC n if yes wont it create any probs on Mc side..n also if any bluetooth enabled mobil or a PDA comes in range will i b able 2 recieve data on it coz in case of a USB dongle i can..dats y i had asked....
thanx 4 all ur help seriously u r my sole source of info on dis bluetooth being a latest tech......:)

How the dongle will work - ie, how it decides which bluetooth device it should connect to - is down to the manufacutrer. Find a supplier - like Brain Boxes, or Black Box - and down load the user guide.

Mike

prasaddinkar said:
i got it thanx...can u please tell me one thing that if i interface a RS232 dongle to 8051 n a similar dongle to PC side den will i encounter any syncro probs..also like USB dongles r der any drivers 4 RS232 dongles that need 2 b loded on PC n if yes wont it create any probs on Mc side..n also if any bluetooth enabled mobil or a PDA comes in range will i b able 2 recieve data on it coz in case of a USB dongle i can..dats y i had asked....
thanx 4 all ur help seriously u r my sole source of info on dis bluetooth being a latest tech......:)

BTW, is there something wrong with your keyboard and you can't use all letters or are you using your cell phone's sms to post here? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back