Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need input amplifier design for frequency meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockzinstruz

Hi ...

I am measuring the unknown frequency of sine and triangular wave using 8051 based frequency meter.for that I have to give the input 5V square wave with only positive half cycle as the input of the microcontroller. Suppose I wants to measure and display the unknown frequency of sine /triangular means,i have to convert the these waves as the square wave.
Which input amplifier circuit is suitable for this conversion?
please suggest your ideas...

Thanks.

Last edited:
hi,
You could use a high speed comparator to give a square wave output for a sinewave wave input.

Is this for the 3MHz OPA in your other thread.?

No...my another thread for increasing the amplitude aspect.This one for measuring the frequency of sine and triangular wave form 1Hz to 3MHz with 2Vp-p

Last edited:
No...my another thread for increasing the amplitude aspect.This one for measuring the frequency of sine and triangular wave form 1Hz to 3MHz with 2Vp-p

hi,
I think my question was not clear,, is this squaring circuit for the 3MHz project.?

I believe your reply is yes, so thats why I suggested a 'high speed' comparator.;)

So your signal inputs will be triangular or sine, do they both swing thru zero volts.? [ie: no offset]

EDIT:
A LT1712 comparator would be suitable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back