Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help using microc mmc basic library routines with 16f pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Rider

I need to use pic 16f877a to store some data. I went through microc mmc library and i saw the basic routines, under which the routines for file handling are also given. I intend using just the basic routines for 16f877a since it was stated that the routines for file handling can only be used with 18f series. But when i try to use mmc_init(), it gives me an error until i use 18f series eg 18f2550. Any help would be appreciated please. And just to clarify, these are the functions i intend using only:

Library Routines
*. Mmc_Init
*. Mmc_Read_Sector
*. Mmc_Write_Sector
*. Mmc_Read_Cid
*. Mmc_Read_Csd
*. Mmc_Multi_Read_Start
*. Mmc_Multi_Read_Sector
*. Mmc_Multi_Read_Stop

Or could it be that the entire library is dedicated solely for 18f series?

Alright i'll try them out. It's just the library that's the problem though. I later looked into a sample program and saw in the comments that the mmc library was meant solely for 18f series. What a disappointment, considering i only intended writing in sectors and not using file handling. Thanks for the info though. I think it's time i wrote a library for that but--just too scared to read through that whole datasheet. The tables of bits and registers freak me out.

Thanks for your suggestions. The website is great, and i guess i'll have to start looking at how to use pic c syntax for 16f877a since microc doesn't have the library for 16f series. Luckily i also have an 18f2550 so i'll at the same time have to make use of the microc mmc library for now so by the end of everything i'll be able to use both 16f and 18f without pains. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back