Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need HELP !!! : Joule thief

Status
Not open for further replies.

firdaus93

:confused: i need help making one of those thing ...
if somebody can help me and give me the stuff that
i need to buy to make one of those joule thief i would
be very happy. and a schematic diagram too.

if possible i don't want to make the part myself ...
i just want to buy it.

Sorry for the bad english .... :eek:

Make magazine just had a link/article/video for a weekend project that really simplified it to point of being fool-proof. I made 4 Sunday. Really only takes about 15 minutes. There is a site that sells a kit, but for $10...

https://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/joulethief
This link show you how simple the coil is to make, has the schematic, and parts list.

Pretty much any ferrite toroid will work, bell wire, phone wire, cat5, enamel will work. Most any NPN general purpose transistor 2n3904, 2n2222, or similar.

PM Krumlink, he'll walk you through it. He made an Instructable on how to stuff it in a TicTac box. Search this forum, you should find his link from last week. Might not be to late to vote for his impressive accomplishment :) ...

Really?

**broken link removed**

Bottom of the page

firdaus93 said:

I can't imagine what more you need, except for somebody to give you the parts, and maybe assemble it for you...

This one is the simplest, and requires almost no parts to purchase, just what you can't scrounge up.

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/joulethief

Even if you do buy the parts, it would be less expensive, even with shipping, to build then the kit. The instruction were written for small children in mind, use google.translate, if you have trouble reading the text. There are about 20 pictures the illustrate everything from how to wrap 7-10 turns of wire around a ferrite toroid bead, to which lead on the transistor is which (LED too). They give information on where you can salvage the parts. It's only 3 simple, common parts, and a simple to wind coil of wire. You don't even have to do it neatly. The only thing they should have added was a quick soldering guide, and a few pictures of which end of the soldering iron is safe to hold...

mneary said:
What, exactly, would a "better" schematic look like?
Well, there are several things that would make any schematic much better. For instance if it had the winning numbers for next week's lotto. Or photos of Sandra Bullock naked. You get the idea. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back