Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help for tsop 1738 reciever circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi frd,

i am santosh i have got stuck with my ir module can any one please help i will narrate wat i have done.

firstly i have generated 38khz frequency signal using 555 timer and following values of ra=1k,rb=16.65k,and capacitances is 1nf.

and i have used tsop 1738 detector and i have built circuit given supply of 5v and wat i observe is when no signal is given to 555 but too vout of tsop 1738 is high and when givn signal is also high.

how does tsop 1738 work please provide detail shematic and working.

please urgent help is required i need to buit obstacle avoidances robot

First you need to know if it's the transmitter or resciever part of your system that is buggy test the TSOP with any IR remote you have. (TV, VCR) whatever. If the TSOP reacts to the remote it's the IR transmitter that needs a look at.

an example of wiring up the TSOP **broken link removed**

I think I remember right that this TSOP module has gain attenuation, if it receives a 38Khz signal for a "long" period it will turn the intennal amp gain down.

when planning your signal burst think about the data sheet than the maximum on time and dwell between bursts, otherwise you might see inconsistant output (especially as a "bump sensor") if the transmission is constant.

regards,
Colin

--

www.minisumo.org.uk

U can Do It!

Dear Santhosh,

When there is no IR signal, then only the output will be high.
If IR is there then the output for TSOP will be low.
First you study about TSOP1738.pdf, It is available in net..

If you have any problem send your schematic to my mail..
srinu.embedded@yahoo.co.in.

Regards,
Srinivas.

santosh_embedded said:
hi frd,

i am santosh i have got stuck with my ir module can any one please help i will narrate wat i have done.

firstly i have generated 38khz frequency signal using 555 timer and following values of ra=1k,rb=16.65k,and capacitances is 1nf.

and i have used tsop 1738 detector and i have built circuit given supply of 5v and wat i observe is when no signal is given to 555 but too vout of tsop 1738 is high and when givn signal is also high.

how does tsop 1738 work please provide detail shematic and working.

please urgent help is required i need to buit obstacle avoidances robot

Read the datasheet propertly and dun over the supply to your TSOP, it will burn the TSOP.... once it's burned, the output will always maintain at high.

Last edited:
explain frnd

frnds i would like to know why the TSOP i.e ir receiver produce high output when nothing is transmitted and it often produce low outputs when ir rays are transmitted.
I request u frnds to plz rply to that querry...

frnds i would like to know why the TSOP i.e ir receiver produce high output when nothing is transmitted and it often produce low outputs when ir rays are transmitted.
I request u frnds to plz rply to that querry...
That is how it is designed to work. If you want its output to be the reverse then simply add an inverting transistor to its output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back