Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help finding a part

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkalebc

Not too great at electronics and whatnot.

Is there a cable that can connect my computer to my TV with just USB and component cables?

Depends on how the TV USB port is configured. In most cases using a standard USB cable from PC to TV will allow playing video files such as movies but again it all depends on the TV and what software is on the PC to communicate with the TV. I suggest you start by reading the owner's manual that came with the TV.

Ron

I recommend using HDMI or VGA instead. VGA is lower-quality and doesn't include audio, so HDMI would definitely be your best bet, if your TV is new enough to have an HDMI jack.

Something like this?
usb-video-capture-adapter-image-1.jpg

Something like this?
usb-video-capture-adapter-image-1.jpg

I think those are intended to go the other way around--to capture what's on the TV and transfer it to your computer. I don't believe it works the other way around, to display your computer screen on your TV.

What you would need is a USB Video Card - but you'd perhaps need one to feed a TV rather than a proper computer monitor.

Really a LOT depends on your exact TV, most modern LCD ones usually have HDMI and/or VGA, so can be used as a monitor.

Contrary to DerStrom8's opinion VGA is just as good as HDMI, apart from you need a separate lead for the audio - picture wise there's no discernible difference.

That depends on how good/bad your eyes are :p
And the quality and length of the VGA cable, as well as the resolution and frame rate being displayed. VGA will blur and cause ghosting (both in the horizontal dimension) under non-ideal conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back