Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help building a transistor electronic ignition box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grant31781

I want to build a electronic ignition box for a engine i am tinkering with.

I need the unit to run on 12 volts and power a auto coil. I want to use a hall sensor for the switching.

http://www.jerry-howell.com/IgnitionModules.html

TIM-6 - For use with 6 volt batteries (or 4.8 to 7 volts) on any engine type. The kit contains: (1) TIP42C Transistor, (1) 2N2907A Transistor, (4) Resistors, (1) LED Timing Light, (1) Hall Effect Magnetic Sensor, (1) Rare Earth Magnet, (1) Drilled Printed Circuit Board, Circuit Diagrams and Construction Notes. The circuit board is 1" wide by 1.35" long. Just to the left of the circuit board is the Hall Effect sensor and the dot just above it is the rare earth magnet which is just 2mm in diameter and 1mm thick. The LED timing light was added to the kit after the photo.

Now i dont know anything about these components. Will this work on 12 volts? What kind of resisters are needed and how would you wire this?

so, why you don´t make the switching stage optical instead a hall sensor???
tell me your e-mail and i send you the schematic of a circuit with an optical switching system designed by myself._

kind regards

If you check the original posters date, you will see that this thread is over 3 years old ....

so, why you don´t make the switching stage optical instead a hall sensor???
tell me your e-mail and i send you the schematic of a circuit with an optical switching system designed by myself._

kind regards

How would the optical switching system differ from the hall effect? I actually started a new thread on this same topic..

This link describes how to use the HEI module with points. the point in this case won't switch much current and will last a long, long time. **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back