Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Eprom Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

mammanoti

I have a handful of two different chips:

Intel d8749H or l5027188s

and

MM2716Q Manufacturer not listed.

2716 is now obsolete and fresh chips are no longer longer available. You can only get used ones. Don't know about the other two.
Datasheet can be found over here: **broken link removed**

Thanks for the info. Can you check the link, I haven't been able to get to it.

I figure the chips would be obsolete, the guy I got them from bought a few dozen of each and never used them, he was cleaning out the closet. But if they can be used - I gotta do it.

Intel d8749H is a microcontroller based on the old 8048. The other number you listed beside it is probably the lot number. The 7 in the number indicates that it has built in eprom. If it has a window it can be erased, otherwise it would be a one time programmable and is probably of no value. The 49 family was a very popular microcontroller for keyboard controllers in PCs for several years.

To check if the micro is programmed you will need a prom programmer so that you can dump the memory. If you see all the same value of hexadecimal digits it can probably be used. Otherwise if it has a variety of hex digits it has been programmed. As I said before, if it has a window on the top you can put it under a UV light to erase it and then reprogram it.

One source you may want to check is http://www.microcontroller.com
Another for that series is http://www.8052.com
These links may point you in the direction of some free development tools for the part.

The 8048/49 is a predecessor to the venerable 8051/52 family, but, has its own unique limitations for programming. Personally, I hope I never have to see another one professionally again. The page limitations are a real pain in the backside at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back