Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need 556 oscillator help

Status
Not open for further replies.

redoty

Getting back into this after too many years off. I need help with a dual output square wave oscillator with the two outputs 180 deg out of phase. The freq isn't critical - 200 cps to maybe 1khz - and possible delay from one pulse to another if that makes sense.

Getting back into this after too many years off. I need help with a dual output square wave oscillator with the two outputs 180 deg out of phase. The freq isn't critical - 200 cps to maybe 1khz - and possible delay from one pulse to another if that makes sense.
So 49% duty cycle and 180° out of phase?

what is this for? How much current must it drive?

How "square" do the signals need to be?

The easiest way to get two perfect square-waves 180 deg out-of-phase is to run a signal double the frequency you want (could be from a 555 astable) through a D-flip-flop configured as a divide-by-two toggle (/Q output to D input).
The flip-flop will have two 50% duty-cycle square-waves of opposite phase at the Q and /Q output.

Thanks for the replies guys. As Paul Harvey would say, "now for the rest of the story." The final application is to drive two miniature solenoids. The frequency would be adjustable from maybe 150Hz to about 1kHz and the duty cycle would also be adjustable from maybe 20% to 49% and voltage probably would be between 6-12VDC. Although I've ordered several types I haven't received them so I can't measure current requirements but the specs I've received indicate between 120 ma @ 6v to about 200 ma @ 12V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back