Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Name this component!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's a 6-chip Luxeon

Ok, i am going to take a turn. What is this apparatus?

**broken link removed**

{Edit: Link is now fixed}

Last edited:
a jurassic period caculator operated by a hand crank?

Ron H said:
Looks like Charles Babbage's difference engine.

Or, to more correct, a modern museum model of it - Babbage was never able to get it made, as the technology of the time wasn't good enough. And the picture is actually 'difference engine 2' - kind of Windows Xp of it's day :D

This particular picture is from the London Science Museum.

Difference Engine 2 was built at the Science Museum to original designs, for the bicentennial of Babbage’s birth. It is the first of Babbage’s difference engines to be completed. It has seven orders of difference and will calculate to thirty one figures.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Or, to more correct, a modern museum model of it - Babbage was never able to get it made, as the technology of the time wasn't good enough. And the picture is actually 'difference engine 2' - kind of Windows Xp of it's day :D

This particular picture is from the London Science Museum.
Dang! I thought I had found a photo of Babbage and his engine. :D

Attachments

• Analytical_engine.jpg
    Analytical_engine.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 180
Ron H said:
:):):D:D:D!
You mean the guy who writes the songs that make the grown men cry?
How's one of them called ? Only once a song made me cry - ...

Now these two guys have ski slopes!!

**broken link removed** **broken link removed**

Then there's this actress that has both a big nose and a big mouth.

**broken link removed**

HeHe, the guy on the right, with the cap, looks like he is about to show some small animal who is boss. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back