Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My Preachy moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave you guys alone for two days and look what happens. :p Your about to start a non religious religious war. :eek:
Every one to a corner and take five! :D

Oh no Tcm, this happens once every few months =) Discussion is good, the only thing you gotta watch out for is the people that state things and continually defend themself without actually saying anything. And if you get too far apart you just agree to disagree. Unlike Scarecrow, who drops an 'I'm right you're wrong' bomb and says nothing else.

I'll agree with Torben, I go out on a limb a bit on posts like this and I tend to be an antagonist, but I hope he doesn't hate me for it =) I hope no one does =O All in the name of conversation.

Last edited:
Oh no Tcm, this happens once every few months =) Discussion is good, the only thing you gotta watch out for is the people that state things and continually defend themself without actually saying anything. And if you get too far apart you just agree to disagree. Unlike Scarecrow, who drops an 'I'm right you're wrong' bomb and says nothing else.

Totally! For some really hot threads, search back a few months in ****-Chat for some of the threads we got into with quixotron. ;)

I'll agree with Torben, I go out on a limb a bit on posts like this and I tend to be an antagonist, but I hope he doesn't hate me for it =) I hope no one does =O All in the name of conversation.

:) If I didn't respect you or care what you thought I wouldn't bother to respond. I just regret that sometimes, as I said, I get snippy (probably because I should sometimes wait until I've had a nap before writing the first thing that bubbles to mind).

Torben

Last edited:
Holy Shmoly! Three-quarters of my life just passed while trying to read this thread from its beginning. Since then, my grandchildren have grown and married, the USA is in deeper debt than ever, and we still haven't discovered life on other worlds.

The life on other worlds discovered us! Then went into hiding. Thats why we cant find it!

The life on other worlds discovered us! Then went into hiding. Thats why we cant find it!

Just my thoughts.

Hey, is this going to be your Signature ?

kv

Edit: I think that should be upon you. (unless your thinking Napalm and mistyped or something ? )

Last edited:
Thanks for the spelling error catch! :D

I went to public school. They kind of gave up on spelling after the first few grades!
My teachers would alway get after me for bad spelling. They would say spell it like it sounds, then tell me that was wrong! Then they would tell me to go and look it up in the dictionary, I would purposely grab the wrong one. Then they would ask me why I am looking in the wrong book. I would tell them, do you think telling someone who cant spell to go look it up is really going to work? If I knew how to spell the word I would not need to be looking for it!. :confused:
(I went to the office allot!) :D

I think it is going to be my signature. :)

Thanks for the spelling error catch! :D

I went to public school. They kind of gave up on spelling after the first few grades!
My teachers would alway get after me for bad spelling. They would say spell it like it sounds, then tell me that was wrong! Then they would tell me to go and look it up in the dictionary, I would purposely grab the wrong one. Then they would ask me why I am looking in the wrong book. I would tell them, do you think telling someone who cant spell to go look it up is really going to work? If I knew how to spell the word I would not need to be looking for it!. :confused:
(I went to the office allot!) :D

I think it is going to be my signature. :)

TCM, I'm not a speller either just a lucky guess. But, seriously I thought it was on purpose I just wanted to know why ?

Interesting thoughts ( Rube Goldberg ) I went to wiki to read about him to understand. Found out their are more interesting people with interesting Idea's. ha,ha,ha,:p

I'm sort of an artist myself. When I can I like the cartooning stuff.

I like your avatar. I read why in the other Thread. After reading some of your post's about why and such it fits together. Sometimes it's sort of like a tattoo I'm personally against tattoo's but avatars are safe. Unless you look up a thread about (Wireless Audio Video). All I can say is ooo la la.

Good one.

kv:)

So...

I might be a little late for the part of the thread that went into evolution, but I wonder if anyone else here has ever played with genetic algorithms?

It's essentially a software algorithm that attacks some problem (generally, one that is too complicated to engineer your way around manually, but where you know what the general form of the solution can be) by starting with a bunch of random numbers and simulating natural selection.

Here's one example of something that came out of a GA--a microwave antenna that branches out like a tree (in addition to having good electrical properties): **broken link removed**

It can be truly amazing to watch these things go, as they can come up with incredibly complicated solutions in a very short amount of time. Of course, that doesn't technically say anything about the existance / nonexistance of an intelligent creator (somebody still wrote the software), but it is really hard to deny the viability of evolution after working with one...

It took you more than two and half years... to bump this thread?

Well with Gnomics going deeper and deeper it was said on radio today there is proof neo andathols(sp) and primitive man did get it on together. The talk did state in everybody there are a few genes that relate back to the noe andathols(sp) so in reality it is just a case of which monkey family you relate too and that is that. That bible was originally written yonks ago by some guy's sitting on a mountain drunk as a skunk and wrote a few things. Now what race made these into what they are and why are we in the predicament we are now.... It's all a big con and the lies just seem to get bigger as time goes by.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back