Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My first PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have fortune in my login script.

Well, I work up this morning (that is a good thing) and my right sinus is sort of plugged up and sore. I had a paint respirator on last night as well, mind you I have 3 kids, could be anything.

kchriste, be careful with that stuff. I might try a board with it today. But the ferric is much safer to me. It is messy on a spill, but thank goodness I did not spill the HCL, hate to see what that would do.

In a pinch and if you have a good working procedure it is probably OK. But I think it is a lot more work, costly and one mistake could be very bad.

kchriste, be careful with that stuff.
You bet! I kept a couple of buckets of water around when I was etching just to be on the safe side.
I might try a board with it today. But the ferric is much safer to me.
Ferric does appear to be a bit tamer than HCL, but it was interesting to experiment...

I put 3 small 1/2 full eye droppers of it in 4-5 oz of water, and shot it on the concrete outside and it foamed up and figured, ferric cholride works for me.

No reason to screw it that stuff :) My nose is still a little stuffed up.

When I hit it with the hose it was neutralize pretty fast though.. But I did not like the smoke last night and the fizzing today.. Stuff is strong for sure and it is 43% I think..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back