Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My first class 3 laser

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob

Hello, I am wanting to try and make a few cheap around 1 - 2 watt power lasers. I have bought a few china Laser diode casings, and had a few laser diodes I got from dvd burners , but they got fried. Would a simple lm317 voltage regulator driver work for one of these? If not what is something I could look into?
-Ben

It is better to drive LEDs with a controlled current than a voltage. The LM317 can be configured as a current control device. See it's datasheet for how to do it.

But you will need to know what current to set it for. That needs to come from the LED's datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back