Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My amplifier burned one of my speakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the coil in speaker is in one peace, only the isolation burned, and caused a short circuit.

But I have no time for this now, I`m participating on digilent contest so I have to make my project first. **broken link removed**

Reply to warning

Hi I always put either a very big wattage 20ohm resistor in the power supply lead or a car lamp bulb a rear tail light is good. This will protect the circuit against shorts, allow you to find "hot" items but still allow (moderate) power.
I used to teach and the above is always good, gosh its prevented many an expensive day.
The first thing to check is your wiring, out of all faults presented to me wiring came first followed by defective soldering. In fact a guy who had passed out of Moscow University, and a US one as well, had got to be a proffessor came to me at the company I worked for to try to solve a problem with an amp he designed and built.
The problem was a dry joint. Me I have basically no qualifications, heck they were trying to teach me U, grm etc of valves, I was designing and buiding using 109's, 106's and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back