Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"multi-stable" circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

batman

im looking for a schematic that i guess you could call multi-stable . in other words, it will have three or more outputs, each of which would be selected individually by separate inputs.

so like, theres 5 lights, only one is on at any given time, and the one thats on is selected by the button corresponding to each light.

This is one way to do the function. You did not say what kind of light, so use the appropriate driver.

Attachments

• LOGIC2.jpg
    LOGIC2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 411
wow thanks! looks pretty simple. that IC would be good for 4, but is there a different IC for other amounts?

also, what happens if two buttons are pushes at once?

Kind of a family feud thing? 8 buttons when one is activated it keeps the others from triggering, yes?
Theres a few ways to do it, depending on how complex you want to get.
The approach combines a clock with "jamb logic", in other words all nor gates march in cadence and when one is activated it precludes triggering the other.

The cheapest, dirtiest way is to use a 555 timer as a clock ( set reasonably fast) with a relay that dis-connects the clock and lights your indicator light or buzzer .

This can progress through sequential logic ( clocked 4017 or eq.) to a CPU controlled logic with programmable time windows and actions. I'll show You the cheap way ( I have designed the family feud set a dozen times using all of the variations. )

Attachments

• Untitled_442.gif
    Untitled_442.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 385
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back