Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mplabx debug errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
I know another question on mplab debugging.
Can someone please tell me if a pic16f886 has built in debugging facilities, the fact it has debug config bits tells me that it has.
Every time I try and run the program in debug mode with the pickit 3 I get failed to get pc errors.
Power is from the target, osc is built in, and the lead to the chip from the pickit is 2"

There is full debugging.. However there are tons of limitations... There is a lot of info in the datasheet section: 14.10

And there is heards of stuff in the the pickit3 settings / limitations. I have quite a few pic16f887's at work... I could see if they work in debug mode...

Unfortunately, I use ISIS for debugging so I never use the potential of the pickit3

My last project used an 886 and I had no problems debugging it with a pickit3.

Mike.

Thanks chaps.

I sort of got it to work, allthough I dont know what I did, but then the uart messed up, when I try to send data via serial the code reboots.

Either i havent got the hang of this or microchip still have a lot to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back