Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motorcycle quickshifter diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovi1514

hello i need some help finding a circuit i can use for my diy motorcycle quickshifter.

for simplisity lets assume the triger is a push switch with a 12v feed. I need a circuit which once it receives the 12v signal from the switch closing it will create a pulse which grounds the coils cutting off the spark. the pulse needs to be variable (by changing a capasitor or somthing no need for anything complicated) between 50-100ms.

i have found this https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2013/08/MC14538B-DPDF.pdf
would that work? anyone know of any thing that would?

thanks for you help.

Ok thanks.
What else would I need to do to get it to work? Would I need a relay or somthing on the pulse circuit? Would a relay even be able be able to react fast enough?
Thanks again

I was going to cut the ignition by grounding the coils as I know of a few quickshifters which do it this way. So I was thinking the pulse would activate something else which would complete the circuit to the ground the problem is I don't know what I can use for this as you said a relay would be to slow

Is your ignition system the old Kettering type (i.e. mechanical contact-breaker plus capacitor plus coil)?

No I dont think so. If it helps he bike is a 58 sv650 the first of the twin sparks I believe. I will have a look in the owners manuel when I get home and try to find out what ignition system is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back