Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor Reversing Intermittent Duty DPDT Solenoid Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I looked the drawings and the sims for the relay flip flop, I noticed that the 6 volt relays get 12.6 volts applied while the toggle signal is being applied every other time. If the toggle signal is applied for an extended time, the relay may fail due to over voltage. I have some 5 volt relay that I plan to use to build a flip flop with and to prevent them from being over voltaged, I plan to add an lm317 to limit the current to the amount that one relay would draw at the correct voltage. The sim says it will work.

Attachments

• relay divide by 2 flip-flop.asc
    3.4 KB · Views: 168
  • post.png
    post.png
    23 KB · Views: 177
As I looked the drawings and the sims for the relay flip flop, I noticed that the 6 volt relays get 12.6 volts applied while the toggle signal is being applied every other time. If the toggle signal is applied for an extended time, the relay may fail due to over voltage. ...

That is why I turned the duty cycle of the timer upside down, so that the relay overvoltage happens only during the 1.5s of the cycle, then the relays are not over-voltaged for the 90s. In the web site link where the flip-flop was taken from, they are assuming that what triggers the flip-flop is a momentary contact push-button, where the button is manually pushed for <1s.

Mike / Kinarfi / dr pepper,

I have the test set up running good now. The devices used:
1/ DPDT reversing solenoid
2/ Three DPDT miniature relays
3/ Timer relay

I'll upload the circuit diagram in a day or two. Got to do a lot of catching up. I'll try to upload the test set up photo as well.

I very much appreciate all of your help & the other guys who helped as well.

I am sure I'm going to bug you guys more by bombarding my queries.

Once again guys thanks a lot for the help.

- Armenon

Excellent well done.

Now you need one of those mechanical counter gizmo's to count the number of cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back