Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the 555 timer, I have set up two identical timer sets so that I can connect one to the 1,2 EN and the other set to the 3,4 EN pins. Not sure why, but I might be able to use this if I ever want one side to be faster than the other. Okay, I have nothing =P. I just thought I'd make an extra set anyway.

If I understood that correctly, Ground Pin 1 and 2 can be connected to the Logic Voltage ground and the other two to the motor ground? I'm rather confused about which is for which supply line...

Omar

Omar.M said:
-sigh-
I called them today, many many times. No one picked up on the toll-free and normal number.
Is there a chance this store is closed?

I hope they'll pick up next time.

...seems like the store is closed, there is a paper taped on the front door about renewals and lease agreement...guess they didn't resign their lease or something???

That sucks...now i cant find anyone locally to get my stuff from.
I needed one 7810 voltage regulator....does anyone know of any other canadian electronic component sources with cheap shipping??

does anyone know of any other canadian electronic component sources
This question was posted recently, I think in the General Electronics forum. Can't say what postage will work out to, but I think the two best suggestions were Sayal and Newark. Sayal just opened up a store in Cambridge, so maybe that's not too far for a weekend drive (we used to make it door to door from our place in London to my girlfriend's parents' in Cambridge in just under an hour). That's a shame about Counterparts - I wonder what happened? For odd bits of electronics, you could check into Forest City Surplus every now and then - expect to find a good deal, but not necessarily what you want! For FCS, btw, they have tons of stock that they never get around to posting on their website - although I can't remember exactly how to get to the link from their main website, there's somewhere on there you can get a massive text list with all kinds of junk, all at prices that you can't even believe it's worth their while to be in the biz.

Last edited:
It's lores, but here's the 1st photo of the Mongoose chassis. It's mounted on standoffs and a green PCB so I can run the motors.
PS I'm going to contact Sayal to carry my kits.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Wow Bill, that looks so excellent! Totally blows my robot out of the water. I really like it, I think this kit will be really popular!

What did Sayal say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back