Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet turning off resonance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

Hello,
I am curious what can be behind it? When turning mosfet off there is delay caused probably by oscilating gate capcitence with parasitic inductance. It oscilates at 8.7Mhz. Mosfet is close to driver few cm. Conected via 1r5. inductance is aprox 100nH. How it could be treated? Thanks a lot and sorry for hurting yours eyes when reading this horribly writed topic :). 

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_175536.jpg
    IMG_20210129_175536.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:
* Blue trace is U2 gate to ground, Yellow is gate (P4-P5) in output, on osciloscope
1611941376043.png

found this app note:

Last edited:
why did you blot out the RC network between drain and source? is it actually not in circuit? the RC network is a "snubber" and is intended to damp out oscillations

why did you blot out the RC network between drain and source? is it actually not in circuit? the RC network is a "snubber" and is intended to damp out oscillations
Energy from coil is recupereted back to vcc. Do not want to waste it... Its not in circuit.

Last edited:
I placed 1n4148 across gate - ground U2,
DS3 with diode; DS4 without diode
yellow - U2 mosfet GS
blue - U2 DS
pink - transfomer pins 7-8
1611995518698.png

Attachments

• RigolDS3.png
    RigolDS3.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 168
  • RigolDS4.png
    RigolDS4.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
yellow - U2 mosfet GS
blue - U2 DS
pink - P4,P5 with connected mosfet

RigolDS5.png

What do you get if you substitute capacitors on the output of the gate drivers, rather than the actual FETs?

With caps of similar value to the gate-source capacitance of your FETs, you should be able to see how the drivers respond on their own, with no complications from FET drain (load) coupling.

If the waveforms are still messed up, it's some resonance in your circuit; if not, it's likely an effect caused by the FET drain-source capacitance, which opposes the gate drive as the FET switches fast.

Just assembled second board,
both traces are u2 DS
I would like to get to Mhz range,
Turn on time is 120ns, turn off 160ns
Do exist mosfet driver without current sink ? As i said energy is recuperated so push pull would not work. Using extra diode is waste of time.

RigolDS7.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back