Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monitoring dc motor speed using dspic with connection to PWM duty cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

variaseng

Hi! I need to create a software for speed monitoring using DSPIC30f4011. The signals come from optical encoders.

I have already a motor driver present (not created by me), but with duty cycle restrictions. For example, the motor driver is restricted only to accept PWM signals with 50% duty cycle. It is required for my software (using dsPIC30f4011) to monitor the speed through the optical encoders such that the speed that results from the applied PWM signal with the 50% duty cycle is detected. This result could be shown in a UART capability, but that's another topic. The supply voltage for the motor is 24V. What are the computations or factors I have to consider here to create this?

I don't need to adjust the PWM signals according to the feedback, I just need to know whether that certain speed (duty cycle) is reached. Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back