Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monitor small dc current (mah)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimoune

Hello,

I am looking for a monitor to calculate small dc current in terms of mah, preferably to one or more decimal place. I cannot find any device to do this. Can any one help me out. I want to build one if necessary but I am novice and solder only by looking at numbers! Thanks.

What is the largest current you want to monitor?
What is the smallest increment of that current you want to detect?
What is the battery voltage?
What supply voltages do you have to work with?
Can you measure the current in the negative lead of the battery or do you need a high-side monitor?
What does the ∫integration to convert instantaneous current into mAh?

What is the largest current you want to monitor?
What is the smallest increment of that current you want to detect?
What is the battery voltage?
What supply voltages do you have to work with?
Can you measure the current in the negative lead of the battery or do you need a high-side monitor?
What does the ∫integration to convert instantaneous current into mAh?

The largest current would be 15 ma
smallest increment is 0.1 ma but o.01 ma is better
The supply voltage is vdc 30
I'm not measuring current of a battery but rather current of my load which ranges from 0 to 15ma

Thank you.

Making a voltage proportional to current is not too hard. Integrating that voltage over time to make a voltage proportional to ∫Idt is much harder. I would do this with an Arduino.

For the current-to-voltage converter, I would be looking at the **broken link removed**

Last edited:
You buy the $20.00 watt-hr meter (digital) and change the monitoring shunt.
You can do this by numbers. One in . . . . one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back