Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

missing DNS record for electro-tech-online.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubeek

Most Helpful Member
Today I tried to go to our website, and my browser couldn´t resolve the hostname.
I investigated a bit deeper, and found that neither the dns at my work, nor my home isp, nor google public dns can resolve it.
I had to find the ip address through google and come here that way, what is going on?
For windows users, try nslookup electro-tech-online.com 8.8.8.8
It tells me no records were found.

I got here the same way.

The DNS won't resolve.

Kinda quiet:

**broken link removed**
  1. **broken link removed**,
  2. **broken link removed**,
  3. **broken link removed**,
  4. **broken link removed**
Total: 101 (members: 4, guests: 38, robots: 59)

Had that before today. Now it seems solved.

Member me too here. :happy: :hilarious: :joyful: :p

Nice emoticons, now that I think of it...

I got here the same way.

The DNS won't resolve.

Kinda quiet:

**broken link removed**
  1. **broken link removed**,
  2. **broken link removed**,
  3. **broken link removed**,
  4. **broken link removed**
Total: 101 (members: 4, guests: 38, robots: 59)

I tried to access ETO yesterday....no luck. Glad all is working again :)

Thanks EM :cool:

fvm: If windows, try doing this: ipconfig /flushdns from the cmd prompt as adminsitrator

Then try

Do an nslookup www.electro-tech-online.com and try typing one of those addresses returned.

You might also try re-booting your router which can cache the DNS info.
Good idea. I will try that soon.
I have one computer that, if it ever once misses electro-tech-online.com, will not find it anymore. It either goes to "page not found" or to a search engine that has "electro-tech" for sale.
I erase history, clear cash, reboot, shout, jump up and down, and in 4 to 12 hours it starts working.

What I hate, is that one mispelling can ruin your day. There isn't a way to easily remove one "auto-complete" So, a **broken link removed**.cm" gets selected because if a simple typo.

For windows 7, DNS cache is persistent, so:

ipconfig /flushdns

will clear DNS cache.

re-booting the computer will not clear DNS cache.

eT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back