Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mini AGV(Automated Guided Vehicle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingmax

Hi,

Please go to this link and see my new project- mini AGV with safety laser scanner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nr34EQ3x6s&feature=youtu.be

The AGV part has 4 sensors, 2 at the front and one on each side. The front sensors are to detect the front distance and corners. The side sensors are for keeping the AGV driving at about 8" to the fence.
The safety scanner is to detect object ( in real application to detect people) within warning and protection field.

hi,
Neat looking project and demo.;)

What would you consider a typical practical application in warning and protection.??

E.

Hi Ericgibbs,

The warning and protection field can be configured with it's own software. Usually the warning field is larger than the protection field. When the AGV is running and if the scanner sees something in the warning field it beeps to warn people. But quite often in a work place it's a noisy environment and so people might not hear it. If the AGV keep moving along and the scanner detects something in the protection field it will turn off the relay/ contactors which supply current to the motor and the AGV will stop and prevent it from hitting the person.

where did you get that nice laser scanner ?
it is surely expensive !? i need some spec and price ! i want to detect if my boss is comming :p

I've been using variety of laser scanners, Sick scanners like S3000 go for $2500-$3500 for standard version, Pro version is 5-6k.

I've been using variety of laser scanners, Sick scanners like S3000 go for $2500-$3500 for standard version, Pro version is 5-6k.

:D
That is what i thought ! way to expensive for watching my boss (or to put on my line follower) !
i'm gonna put tripwire and booby traps to catch my boss instead, way more fun and alot less expensive :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back