Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mini 1.5V Booster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
I am not a Brit!

It is nice, isn't it? :D

audioguru said:
The Americans are also weird.

In what sense? :]

you want weird Americans, you should go down south! Them and their Coca-Cola... :p

Nigel Goodwin said:
You mean like the Canadians?
We fought for you in WWII - not because we had to, not because there was conscription, but because it was the right thing to do. I think you'll find most Canadians' attitudes towards their friends is consistent with that ideology.

Hank Fletcher said:
We fought for you in WWII - not because we had to, not because there was conscription, but because it was the right thing to do. I think you'll find most Canadians' attitudes towards their friends is consistent with that ideology.

You appear to be confused?.

First you ignored the smiley on my post, but more importantly you completely ignored the context.

Audioguru had mentioned both Canadians and Brits in his post, then left it completely ambiguous when he said:

I was merely pointing out he had "shot himself in the foot" as it made as much sense (if not more?) if it was refering to Canadians not Brits - due to the poor way it was structured.

As for WWII - you need to put it in context as well, Canadians were also fighting for their own freedom - you would probably have been next after Europe! :D

Having said that, I'm sure the British (and the rest of Europe) were, and are, very grateful for the Canadians help in WWII, and all the other Commonwealth countries (and even the USA, better late than never!).

In WW2 a couple of German submarines were blown up in the Canadian/American St. Lawrence river.
A few Japanese balloon-bombs made it to Canada and to the USA.
We nearly got plastered!

We all have our differences. I stated the weird differences of the Brits. Maybe Canadians are also weird to call a lorry a truck.
The Americans have their weird "southern drawl" accent (hill-billies) and obsession for guns and violence.

audioguru said:
In WW2 a couple of German submarines were blown up in the Canadian/American St. Lawrence river.
A few Japanese balloon-bombs made it to Canada and to the USA.
We nearly got plastered!

We all have our differences. I stated the weird differences of the Brits. Maybe Canadians are also weird to call a lorry a truck.
The Americans have their weird "southern drawl" accent (hill-billies) and obsession for guns and violence.

No! Depends on where you live! Los Angeles and Detroit are probably the worst cities in the nation, but to say we are obsessed over guns an violence, is not true.

About WW2: The aleutian Islands were invaded by the Japanese, but were qucikly defeated.

We only saw 2 submarines, a handful of japanese, and a couple baloons, but what did Japan face? 2 nuclear bombs! Germany and Europe in general saw the entire continent in conflict! So dont say "we almost got plastered" when Britain was raided by Germany almost DAILY. We should be thankful that Britain held out like they did, and still had fight in them!

:p

Last edited:
audioguru said:

The accent makes me sick sometimes. As for the guns and violence, I keep it inside my computer, where it belongs.

Funny coincidence, there was a school shooting about 5 miles from where I live today...quite interesting.

And a train derailment 30 miles the other direction.

Yeah, I was going to resize all of those pictures when I had time :D

I've seen this "joule thief" in various places on the net for almost a year. Seems it's being rediscovered several times a day. 3,200 hits (for the quoted phrase) on Google already.

although a nice way to learn winding of inductors and transformers...
it doesn't work!!!

P.S the led is absent from the photo... :p

Attachments

• 23102007112.jpg
    23102007112.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 298
audioguru said:
I am not a Brit!
A truck is not a lorry.
A friend is not a mate.
The hood of a car is not its bonnet.
We don't drive on the wrong side of the road in Canada.

And shopping carts are not "trolleys"!
Some Canadians are simply jealous that Alaska isn't officially part of their land mass.

In Toronto, Canada, a street car (one or two car electric train on the streets) is called a trolley.
In Vancouver, Canada, an electric bus is called a trolley.

I just found out that Alaska was part of Russia. And it is the largest American state. It has a small population.
Some places in Alaska have a comfortable climate and other places are much colder than in a freezer.

audioguru said:
I just found out that Alaska was part of Russia. And it is the largest American state. It has a small population.

Yeah, and thanks to Lord Alverstone (one of Nigel's ancestors): Americans got much more of the Alaskan Panhandle than they should have been given!

And even after that, they don't do much with it =P.

See what you get when you help out Brits in a war (Boer War, in this case)? They take your land and hand if it to some people like Krumlink and HiTech!

Sheesh.
I arrest my case.
-Omar

Last edited:
well, we are drilling for oil in it, and that is it :D

Krumlink said:
I dont see your capacitor!!!
I don't think a capacitor is mandatory, I've built similar blocking oscillators without capacitors and they work alright.

I got a new laptop today, it is NICE!

Inspirion 1520
1.6Ghz
2G Ram
160G Hard Drive
Wireless Card

It is really nice with a nice screen and graphics :D

Good for you but what has that got to do with the topic?

Perhaps you should start a new thread in the **** chat section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back