Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnBrown said:
Just out of interest, what is the "diluted water" you refer to?

Probably diluted with Di-Hydrogen Monoxide.

JimB

Wow, i am a curious teenager who tried the exact same thing with a microwave and cup of water etc. My parents keep throwin my stuff out but im getting my liscense in a few months and will go drive and get new ones. My family is involved in some tech stuff and i know some people but my grandfather works at NJIT as an electrical engineer and a retired rocket scientist from bell labs, the place where the solid state maser was invented. He has taken me to his labs a few times and met his colleagues down the hall in the electromagnetics lab etc stuff where they have about every technological light, maser, fiberoptic, magnetic neodymeum electron etc thing known to man stockpiled in huge rooms. I am looking for an interface from a magnetron (2.6 GHz) to direct the field through a matched* wire to the waveguide. i am looking for a good solid state waveguide but they have so many in njit, i wish to use a long whachamacallit waveguide with a teflon aligner at the end. The key, though is that for efficiency, the wave must match, if yo dont guide the wave correctly, then all you will do is give someone cancer or burn them and not actually smoke em'. The problem with these electrical engineers is that they are all about safety and dont like the idea of economical weaponry and development for industrial purposes. I am all about danger, haste, production and most of all: COLD HARD CASH , being i have the funding by my ownership of a highly successful online business. If you got the brains, i will pay for the stuff but its preety cheap. We can all make alot of money on this but there is alot that the Homeland Security Dept. doesnt want you to know. Not that security is a bad thing, we gotta get this done. There are very few of us so we gotta get on the same page. Lets make a team and continue to forum post. I have made a schematic and will post soon. I am also working on several other cool projects you might be interested in. I might be able to get you some eager contacts at njit and wyeth and more + the formation of a team really accellerates the process of development.

Contact me at 732-674-4426 in late june to july as my cell broke and it may take me time to fix. For now, call me weekdays after 4 pm at 973-376-7906 or 973 376 4752 and on weekends, anytime, call me at 732-928-5266. And of course you can always send me email at " skiwheelr@yahoo.com " << remember, no e at the end (Ski-wheel-r)
When calling, ask for Mark.

If you are working on any related projects from motorcycles to programming, tell me because im probably already trying something and we could make best use of it due to the lack of online support. I know this has been alot to read, just call. ;)

Oh, and for the dude in PA, im in Millburn NJ during weeks and Jackson nj during weekends and i kno some guys in pa that do similar stuff like personal submarine building over around PA and the rest of the eastern seaboard.

Need Collaboration.
Pce!

microwaves

Hello i have tried the same experiment,if you want to focus the waves get a large card and smear it with butter then look for the hot spots.ive tried magnets pipes ets to focus them wasnt very good so i gave up.as i am typing this i just thought of another way,try a parabolic reflector with a variable focal point.good luck and dont fry your balls.

For what reason? Messing with the magnetron from a microwave outside of a completely shielded enclosure is extremely dangerous, it can cause cataracts deep tissue burns and anything electronic within a few feet of it will be fried virtually instantly. Using magnets pipes and parabolic dishes to focus microwaves already shows you have absolutely no idea what you're doing and you should stop immediately. Microwaves require waveguides and 'horns' to be directed, and if you use such a device successfully you'll blank out ever cell phone and wi-fi signal within several dozen miles or more of your location. Think that's smart? The cell phone companies go nuts about that kind of stuff and they CAN and will track you down.

The high voltage may blow up them before realizing how to power up the Magnetron :D

By the way, If the RF burns their balls... look the positive side, maybe mother Nature is trying to stop their dangerous genes from replicating!!

I had an old MOT and Magnetron scrapped from an oven laying around, but after doing some research and finding no other useful destination for them (except for an oven), I went into a junkyard and interchanged them by a beautiful digital microwave oven panel.

No more kitchen fires and smoke, or non-returned calls! The little thing remainds me everything I need

Sad thing that I cannot modify it to allow times > 59:00 :(

Last edited:
I basically have the magnetron pointing to a cup of water (the cup is a cermanic one) filled with dilluted water. I have a thermometer in the water. I was getting some temp increase but not much.

How do you dilute water ??

When I am diluting water for microwave applications I often use Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix. ;):D

Mmm... Its So good.. :)

thats funney lol
because thit conversation was about microwaves and now it turned into hot coco

2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back