Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microsoft OneNote error

Status
Not open for further replies.

UranusJasari

When I try to access OneNote, I get the following error "something went wrong we can not do what you asked, try again error 0xE0000797".
I keep trying but nothing.
Has anyone experienced this problem?

You can check and see if it's where it should be:

file:///C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/Microsoft%20Office/

That assumes Windows is installed on your C:/ drive. Try copy and pasting the above line in your browser window and click Enter. You should be taken to that location. You should see One Note in the listing for that location. It should be an Index file. That should tell you if One Note is where it should be within the MS Office suite.

How are you trying to open One Note? You can try the keyboard shortcut: (Windows+Shift+N) Where Windows is the Windows key on the keyboard. If everything is as it should be and where it should be there is a possibility of some corrupt registry keys in One Note. The only solution I know of at that point is to uninstall and reinstall One Note.

Ron

Onenote Error is usually caused by misconfigured system files that create registry errors within your operating system. Windows errors can cause program lock-ups, slow PC performance, system crashes, computer freezing and more.

Scan and repair any missing or damaged Windows registry files using RegCure Pro. After the registry issues are resolved, it is recommended to optimize your PC by removing any spyware, adware and viruses with SpyHunter.

If you are still experiencing the issue after applying this fix you can try OneNote Fix Toolbox https://www.fixtoolbox.com/onenotefix.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back