Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller based READER ,, ...........PROJECT HELP...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shubhamjain_007

Hello all

I am making a project which is based on shopping malls.

its very simple one to understand , the basic idea of project is that :-

i want to build a microcontroller based Reader which have numeical keypad and a LED (or LCD) on it and it would be given to customer when he enters mall , then which ever products he wants he will pick it and enter its item code in the reader ( item code is printed on item) , and then press enter in reader and then enter the item quantity , , he will repeat the process for the number of products he wants and then will go to Counter , and give his reader to the receptionist and then receptionist will connect his reader to the computer (may be through Hyper terminal software) and then take the print of that and give to customer.

so the requirement in this project is the Microcontroller based READER which has numerical keypad along with a Enter key and a display screen ,, which is capable of recieving inputs and store it and a RS232 port so it can be connetced to PC

Can anyone help how can i make this reader ??,, what would be the components required ?? and what would be approximate cost.....
Pls help Its urgent..............

I remember now. You were the fellow trying to build that crappi EFY burglar alarm and got mad at us when it didn't work even after everyone told you not to build it. That project was far simpler than the project you've described today assuming you plan on trying to build your own barcode or RFID reader. Unless you suddenly got some mad skills between them and now.

very sharp memory ,, well i got few skills ,, definately now i know a lot about electronics and micro controllers but i think i should change my username or else you are not going to help :D

very sharp memory ,, well i got few skills ,, definately now i know a lot about electronics and micro controllers but i think i should change my username or else you are not going to help :D

I am not sure that changing your username will help you in the least. First off your project will be a dead giveaway, and quite a few people here will be able to pick you out. Instead of begging for help from the start try using Google to search for some info first as you obviously have a computer connected to the internet. I believe some stores already have these units or similar.

Good Luck.

What are you hoping we can do for you? You can try to build a UPC barcode scanner and rig it upto a microcontroller & display. What were you thinking of doing? You didn't listen then will you listen now?

PS do you want to use barcodes or do you have something else in mind? When's it due.

PPS my memory is ok but I will often search prior posts to try to get a grasp of the posters skill level.

i don't want to do it using barcode , i just want a card raeder that can take a card and has a keypad so that customer can input the code of products and take the card to receptionist for billing thats all ,, there is no roll of barcode in that

then receptionist would insert the card in his reader(same as that of customer) connect that to computer using RS232 interface ( or RFID) and print the bill

i don't want to do it using barcode , i just want a card raeder that can take a card and has a keypad so that customer can input the code of products and take the card to receptionist for billing thats all ,, there is no roll of barcode in that

Hope you don't have long product code numbers or expect the customer to enter lots of them, otherwise once they get to reception you'll have to correct all the mis-entered code numbers;)

I am doing a project concerning this using barcodes however.
Can you give me some direction as to how to proceed with this?

I know this is a dead thread. but, for curious googlers. this will give you a head start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back