Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller architectures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now a days we see lot of different microcontrollers from different suppliers. All these microcontrollers fall under some kind of architecture or they have their own design. Total how many architectures are available? I know of 8051, Arm.

Those aren't architectures, merely processor types.

Architectures are pretty well either Von Neumann or Harvard - with (as far as I know?) the first common Harvard ones been the MicroChip PIC.

Intel's 8048 was released around the same time as the first PIC in 1976.

As far as processor types, there are the 8051, ARM, PICmicro, Atmel AVR, Texas Instrument's MSP microcontroller, and I'm sure there are loads of others.

It was a "modified Harvard" device. Meaning you could store data in program memory if you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back