Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

message width

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
When the system formats a msg for viewing the width of the msg seems to be based on a percentage of the screen width. I have a 2 monitors and if the window occupies just 1 monitor msg text wraps after about 20 or so characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the system formats a msg for viewing the width of the msg seems to be based on a percentage of the screen width. I have a 2 monitors and if the window occupies just 1 monitor msg text wraps after about 20 or so characters.

I thought at the first instance that some people are typing in some message pad and posting it by copy paste.
this very affect is found by using reply box.
Perhaps, Electromaster need to look into this , as there is no point in not using the space available on the window and forcing the text to next line.

I have the same issue. WinXP Firefox 3.5.7

Here is screenshot.
mssgwidth.jpg

Another issue, on my monitor my posted image goes off the screen.

Another screen shot
mssgwidth2.jpg

I too use Firefoxver3.6 and use Viewsonic1912 monitor under winXP.
for little reading comfort i try to magnify the screen. As I magnify the text shrinks into fewer words per line. a sample is posted here. It was not so earlier. Hope it serves to analyse.
PS: Sorry I am unable to manage to upload a png file.

Last edited:
It seems like the code tags are even worse. Some of them are 20 or less characters and then it wraps. Very difficult to even read what is posted.

Hmmm, Shall give it a wee test here:
Code:
_DATA__REG        equ     0x0C    ; Aux. reg. to write in display.
REG_1mseg       EQU     0x0D    ; Loop counter for delay of aprox 1ms.
REG_Various_ms   equ     0x0E    ; Another loop counter for delay.
SHADOWB         EQU     0x0F    ; Used to "create" the value that will be write in PORTB 

KEY             equ     0x10     ; ASCII code of the key pressed.

CONTROL_TX      equ     0x11 ; Variable that controls progress of TX state-machine.
CONTROL_RX      equ     0x12 ; idem RX
CONTROL_KEYBOARD equ    0x13 ; Idem for the keyboard state machine.

TX_REG          equ     0x14 ; Character to transmit.Destroyed in Tx.
CHAR_RX         equ     0x15 ; Character received.
RX_REG          equ     0x16 ; Temporal storing of received bits.

REG_LOOP        equ     0x17 ; Counter for variable delays.
SHADOWA         equ     0x18 ; Used "to make" the byte that will be write in PORTA.

SCAN_CODE       equ     0x19 ; "Crude" value of keyboard scan (must be converted to ASCII)
AUX             equ     0x1A ; Auxilar variable.
DELAY_KEYBOARD  equ     0x1B ; Help in wait for keyboard debounces.
SCAN_PORTB      equ     0x1C ; Stores which line of PORTB is zero in order to scan keyb.

LINE            equ     0x1D ; Which line is scanned (1, 2, 3, 4)
COUNT_CHARACTERS equ    0x1E    ; How many char. were written to the LCD. Used for
                               ; wraparound.
looks like about 19 characters. Also need to click on 'edit post' twice, or it comes up narrow there as well.

Today it looks normal. :p

Last edited:
Any news on the screen width issue?

I feel your pain and thanks for the update. Is it too late for the blue pill? :)

Appears to have been resolved as I dumped some random text as below and it took honorably well. I hope that Eectromaster succeeded in debugging it. Congrats to him.

"To change the VFO frequency, either change the value of C35 or add turns (lowers frequency) or remove turns (raises frequency) from the VFO toroid. The tap does not need to be changed for minor changes. Remove or add turns at the top (left side on schematic) of the coil.
VFO maximum frequency range is 3 to 10 MHz for this board. Experimentation is encouraged outside this range. Lower frequencies should be no problem. Higher frequencies are limited by the lead lengths on the board and layout.
C32, C35, and C30 are used to tune the frequency of the VFO.
For VFO's in the 3 or 4 MHz range that are used for 40 and 20 meter reception, greater VFO range is obtained by connecting the stator of the 35pf tuning capacitor to the VFO side of L2, marked "WIDE" on the silkscreen.
In every case, a small tuning range is obtained by connecting the stator to the "VAR CAP" pad, and a large tuning range by connecting the stator to the VFO side of L2, marked "WIDE" on the silkscreen.
If a general coverage receiver is used to set the VFO frequency, place a short antenna lead near the VFO and tune the receiver for a signal. Adjust C32 to put the VFO on the proper frequency.
[FONT=&quot]If a signal generator is used, place a short lead from the output of the generator close to the receiver. Tune C32 until the signal is found"[/FONT]

Last edited:
oh ohhhhh... I think i just fixed it!! Check it now guys and let me know..

I would love to take the blue pill!! haha

You fixed it:) You da man. Thanks and good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back