Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mechanical time switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

Yesterday, I cam across this mechanical time switch (Intermatic **broken link removed**) and then googled it and couldn't understand its connections so I thought that I should request you for help.

Please have a look here. Thank you.

Q1:
What do "24 FLA" and "28 FLA" mean?

Q2:
Does this mean that the clock motor should be supplied with voltage between 208V to 277V with frequency 60 Hz?

Q3:
I don't see how connections need to be made.

i: What does that dashed line running from motor to terminal 1 stand for?

ii: What do those two arrows mean?

iii: What does that statement in pint highlight mean? I know that it's saying that if you have 277/480V connection then you should use terminals "A" and "1". Also check Q2 above.

Q4:
What do these numbers mean?

Q5:
I had thought that such a switch isn't used any longer but from Amazon reviews it looks like that such switches are still quite popular.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• mechanical_timer_switch.jpg
    mechanical_timer_switch.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
Hi

Yesterday, I cam across this mechanical time switch (Intermatic **broken link removed**) and then googled it and couldn't understand its connections so I thought that I should request you for help.

Please have a look here. Thank you.

Q1:
What do "24 FLA" and "28 FLA" mean?

Full Load Amps

Q2:
Does this mean that the clock motor should be supplied with voltage between 208V to 277V with frequency 60 Hz?
Yes
Q3:
I don't see how connections need to be made.

i: What does that dashed line running from motor to terminal 1 stand for?
Internal shield live .. Choose neutral if possible
ii: What do those two arrows mean?
Internal wire to contacts
iii: What does that statement in pint highlight mean? I know that it's saying that if you have 277/480V connection then you should use terminals "A" and "1". Also check Q2 above.
Move motor lead 1 to A and connect Neutral outside to A
Move motor 3 to 1

Q4:
What do these numbers mean?
HP max although 1HP may be only <800W the breaker arc rating demands bigger contact amp rating. Eg 1Hp loaded may be 6-7A @125V it needs a 40A contact due to surge currents on some motors and inductive arcs,

Q5:
I had thought that such a switch isn't used any longer but from Amazon reviews it looks like that such switches are still quite popular.
Is that a ?
Regards
PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back