Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matrix Keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

userx

Hello,

I would like to make a small project that consists of the following. Please post schematics or diagrams, or links if this already exists.

8pin matrix keypad that logs data to EEPROM, or other simple memory, with timestamp. that may be read via COM, or LPT, for output to TXT file.

Perfer a easy memory module that is easy to implement.

Thanks! :)

What was the secret link again.. Oh google.com

"single wire microcontroller keypad"

"low pin I/O microcontroller keypad"

EDIT: Or just search for pic datalogger and buy one. They are cheap now.

Last edited:
or ask your professor for help... :p

I have used google but I found this forum and it was titled project diagrams, I figure this project has been done before and I can receive some tips and diagrams of some kind...

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

blueroomelectronics.com might have what you want. It is a very professional board though, so the professor might think you cheated. And you better live in Canada ;) as a Maple leaf will be on it.

I was looking at Bill's latest Robin board (posted here in the microcontroller section; hint) and went looking for the low I/O pin keypad on google last weekend to see about adding a 4x4 keypad to it with what he had on his board.

I found a ton of them.

Have you searched this forum? I have a vague recollection that it has been raised before.

Also, have you tried www.discovercircuits.com ?

However, you won't learn much if you use other people's designs.

Ooh, i don't know if "Matrix" is a long enough word to be searched for... :D

Just kidding Jay(i think that is the Admin's name... if not...)

Marks256 said:
Ooh, i don't know if "Matrix" is a long enough word to be searched for... :D

I'm am so tired of getting this in response to my searches;

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search

The search feature on this site is really not taking into mind the use of abbreviations and TLA's (Three letter acronyms) used in electronics.

Is it too much to ask to 'lift' these restrictions to searches?? Many people would be able to search for the information they require rather than post new threads and get replies from people who have already answered questions in older threads that are 'unsearchable'

gramo:

Yea, I went to find "300 Mhz" and it did not find a thread I knew was there, I was lucky and "300Mhz" picked it up.

I wonder if the moderators would consider a CD or download of each year we could index and search?

Yes, it would be the admin... (ahem... hint hint... :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back